Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Scouting (Boys) Are you a den or troop leader, or an involved parent? Looking for help with meetings, crafts, ideas for outings? Ask your questions here!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Eagle Awards

Whew! been a busy few weeks at scouts. We had 2 boys honored at our Eagle Awards Recognition Dinner yesterday. We had a standing ovation when 1 of the boys presented the Eagle Mentor Pin to a dear friend of ours Jim. This is his 3rd Eagle Mentor pin, we found out his the only 1 in our council that has 3 pins. This guy sure knows how to connect with the boys, his nickname is Major Pain.

We have 2 more scouts that maybe starting their service projects this fall, one is waiting for his dad to return from Afghanistan so that he can be with him while he works on his project.

A few will be ranking up in late March, including my grandson who will be advancing to Star Rank.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Congratulations to your Eagle Scouts and to the 3-time mentor! My son is working on his project now. He has gotten some materials donated and is now planning a fund-raiser to cover the cost of the rest of the materials needed for his project. He intends to complete the project by the end of this school year.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Barb how is the Eagle Project coming along.? We are working with 3 more scouts that all have different projects that the boys are getting their paperwork ready to turn in. I think by spring or late summer they may be ready to start. My guy possibly next fall if he finishes up his 2 badges he needs. He just finished the first aid and just started the personal fitness. Then he will have just 2 more for the required. He is working on a 20 mile hike for next month so we have been walking everyday after school. I am getting so worn out, but enjoying it all.

Is your son in a Venture Crew? We've piggy backed on a few trips last year rock climbing. Now he considering joining. Can the boys belong to both.? He seems okay juggling his schedule to go on on the campouts and events. He is crossing his fingers for next week or Senior Patrol Leader position.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Wow, congratulations!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Karen, my son does not do Venture. I don't know if you can do both together or what.

He is in the process of getting donations for his project. If he can't get donations he will host a fund-raiser. Then when he has all the supplies and the weather is warm enough to dig holes for sign posts, he will organize the troop & other volunteers to do the work.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Found out you can do both, but it takes a lot of juggling. We just finally got transferred to another troop a couple of weeks ago, had to wait for the Rank up, and he had to turn the Asst Senior Patrol leader, he decided he needed more experience first. He has picked up a lot of verbal skills with therapy and I think with time he may be able to get in front of a crowd to speak.

He has been piggy backing with another troop and he seems to enjoy that one so much more. The leaders have been very good with him and I like them also. Jim is in the troop that we transferred to and it seem to run more smoothly.

We are getting ready for a 20 mile hike Springfield on the Lincoln Pilgrimage Hike. Wish me luck at the finish line
Old 08-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Last night my son had his Board of Review and he passed--he has achieved the rank of Eagle Scout!