Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Scouting (Boys) Are you a den or troop leader, or an involved parent? Looking for help with meetings, crafts, ideas for outings? Ask your questions here!

Old 01-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Eagle Scouts

Any idea what to get a new Eagle Scout as a present?
This is the oldest son of my best friend. I want to do or get something special but have no ideas.
His project is to interview veterans of and submit their interviews on film to the Library of Congress. Most of the scouts around here are cleaning up parks or churches, planting flowers etc (on a large scale).
I am proud of him for thinking outside of the box and taking on such a huge and memorable project. He is only 14-and his project isn't finished yet.

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 01-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ljsmom - can you check the US mint site and see if there is an eagle coin. If you want something scout related how about one of those fleece throws that show the boy scout emblem. Mine still has a ways to go but I want to take his scout t-shirts and neckerchiefs and make a quilt out of them.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 01-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

HI,
well being in the Scouting program for many many years and have done over 120 eagle ceremonies maybe I can help here are some ideas that you can look in to for eagle gifts. If I get a chance I will get my dig camera out and show one of my gifts an Eagle had given me. As they say Be prepared here are the links for now.

http://www.scoutique.com/EagleScoutGifts.html
https://scoutnet.scouting.org/BSASupply/
http://www.thescoutimage.com/Eagle%20Menu.html
http://www.spiritsigns.com/eagle_scout/eagle_scout_main.htm

Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Craftylady-those sights are AWESOME! Now I just have to choose...that'll be the hard part.

If you happen to know of a Grandparent pin for Eagles or something please pass that info along. Have to find something for the Gparents too.

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 01-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

It's been a long time for me too. I was a Den Mother as well as a leader for the Girl Scouts.

LJsmom, what is the scout in to? I think something that he is interested in is better than something else. jmo I like those links!
What about a trip? Also, what about something he'll appreciate when he's grown as well as a sleep-over or party that he'll appreciate now?
Old 01-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LJsmom, he sounds like one motivated Scout! Congratulations to him!
I don't know if you are looking for something Scout-related, or if you want to get him something related to his hobbies/interests. I'd vote for the second, since not all boys are into the "memento" thing.

I saw a car with a bumper sticker last week that said, "I'm Proud of My Eagle Scout!" Would the grandparents like something like that?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Barb, as a grandmother, I cannot see how a grandparent could ever be too proud to show off about his/her grandkids! I think they would love a bumper sticker.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Okay 1st off is this beatiful eagle throw balanket thaat I have that was given to me and next picture after that is what they give grandparents whihc these are ours from our grandson Pete. They are NOT called grandparents pins just eagle pins. You can get them at yu Scout Office near you. any questions just let me know. Okay says I can't upload file to big so if anyone can help me to downsize this PM me please so I can show you these.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oksy I think I have them down to size I HOPE we will try.

Attached Images

Old 01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Okay I think I have the problem solve thanks to a resizer program. Let try grandparent Eagle pins. Tehy are just civilivian pins that Eaagle where but we in our circle call grandparents pins.

Attached Images