Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Clubs > Trade, Swap & Sell > Online Garage Sale > Rules for Selling in Online Garage Sale

Old 07-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Welcome to our Family Corner Online Garage Sale

You may list items that you have for sale up to a total of $25.00. In your post, you may print what you have for sale along with a good description, whether or not you have pics (you can post the picture with your posting) and whether or not shipping is included in the price. These items can be new or used—please include this in the description. You may also post to let the person know that you have shipped their items or to let them know that you have received your items. All other details and information should be exchanged between the two of you via email or PMs. We do ask that you keep the chat to a minimum.

Posting on the Garage Sale board will at least for now, be limited to persons with a minimum of 100 posts. (The total number is right under your name on any post you leave). You are no longer required to have a minimum number of posts to purchase from this forum as long as you agree to pay by money order or PayPal- if the seller accepts that type of payment.

If you do not fall into the post requirements, your item will be removed. NOTE: If you at one time had 100 posts and are now under 100 due to deletion of threads, please contact Anna or Tami. We will take this under consideration.

Guidelines of Selling….

~ Be Patient:

~ Do this with the realization that the postal service is Snail Mail, it can take up to 2 weeks depending on how far the item has to go.

~ Realize that life is hectic and schedules tight, so if the item hasn't arrived give it a little more time. People may be sick, have a sick child, car broke down, etc. BUT please complete your transaction a soon as possible.

~ If a problem should occur, it will be worked out between the buyer & the seller off of the Family Corner website.

~ At no time should there be any type of discussion about financial or private information on Family Corner. This should be taken care of via email or PM between the seller and the buyer.

~ Be kind to each other and realize that each item is sold in good faith.

Have fun and go clean out those closets!

At no time will FamilyCorner.com, the owner or the moderators be responsible for any of the transactions that take place on this thread

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 07-23-2004 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:27 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcome Everyone

Just wanted to add:

It would be helpful to everyone if you have more than one item, please list each as a seperate post. That way it's easier to keep track of.

Thanks and Happy Shopping

Anna
Old 07-23-2004, 06:34 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Re: Welcome Everyone

Quote:
Originally posted by OSI
Just wanted to add:

It would be helpful to everyone if you have more than one item, please list each as a seperate post. That way it's easier to keep track of.

Thanks and Happy Shopping

Anna
Or if you are selling items all together as a set, use the word "LOT" to indicate there is more than one item.

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 07-23-2004, 07:32 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Additional Information On Transactions

Please be sure to mention in your posts the following:

What method of payment you are willing to accept, for ex: Money Order, Personal Check or Paypal and include that it is US Dollars only as to avoid any confusion.

Whether you will sell United States Only or in addition to International.

And how you will ship the item. Example: Parcel Post, First Class, Media Mail.

Hope these ideas help.

Anna
Old 01-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Please note the rule changes above.....

You are no longer required to have a minimum number of posts to purchase from these areas. You will have to pay by money order or PayPal( if the seller accepts it) if you have under 100 posts.

Thanks,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Big Grin

Oh I can't wait to get started... I've been cleaning out my closets to have a Yard Sale but I'll add a few things here. Can't wait to see what everyone else has to sell. I'm a Yard Sale Nut. LOL
Old 05-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

This is fantastic! I just found this and thought, "Wow! This is perfect for me and perfect timing.
I have fibromyalgia so hauling stuff outside to a yard sale or flea market is a monstrous job.

Can someone tell me simply how to add pictures to descriptions of items? I am not very computer savy. Just started learning. I know my way around now but anything too technical is above my head. I do have a half good camera and have listed stuff on Ebay before but that place stresses me out and there are not a lot of nice people like on this website.

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 07-18-2008 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Sosoftail, Welcome to Family Corner! I see that you are from my neck of the woods! I live right outside of Charlotte.

I would be more than happy to explain how to post pictures here on FC but unfortunately, you will need 100 posts here on our forums before you can post items for sale in our Garage Sale area.

We would love for you to stick around and get to know us! You can accumulate 100 posts in no time on here once you start chatting with us.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

I look forward to chatting with you soon!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 05-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcome to FC! I don't do the garage sales, but I am into NASCAR and we do chat about NASCAR on race days. We have a subject for just about everything here. We'd love to have you jump and and join the fun.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

sounds good to me I'm new here but hope to make a lot of new friends