Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Faith Topics > Religion

Old 11-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

forgiveness

Any advice on forgiveness?

"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do..."

I struggle with forgiveness. I want to deal with this now, before we move so I can be fresh and clean in our new home.

I know in my heart so many in the community know what they have done to us is wrong. I need to let it go. Any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Forgiveness is very difficult, for sure.

I always find Romans 12:14-21 to be inspiring...

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly Do not be wise in your own estimation.
Never pay back evil for evil to anyone Respect what is right in the sight of all men.
If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.
"BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD."
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

That is how I was taught and have always tried to do by it. Praying for you Connie
Old 11-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Barbszy,

Very good advice!

Blessings,
Dawn
Old 11-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for some good advice ladies.
Mish
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Yes, thanks for the good advice! I do think once we move and are away from 'it' all, I will feel better. Free at last. This is silly but I am nervous about having a new life. I want it, we will have it. We have lived in this nasty community for so long, I don't know what it is like to live in a nice community! I really want to find out what it is like! I prayed a lot during the night. I think I am not supposed to understand this mess but I am too leave it all behind. I am trying!
Old 11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Connie..Forgiveness is what you do for yourself, not for other people. When you forgive, it doesn't mean that you approve of what's happened. Rather, it means that you're giving yourself permission to move on with your life. I am sure you will all be much happier once you move.
Everyone always welcomes new arrivals.

I know my DH and I are so glad we moved into our community.
________
Sueanne

Old 11-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Sueanne, I agree with you! .....Forget the past and move on. If you dwell on the past, you will never truly find happiness, no matter where you go. Connie, you have to be 100% happy with yourself. I've learned that happiness is made only by you. and if you hold on to the bad things that have happened in the past it will only eat you up with sadness. Live for today and forget about yesterday. Good Luck to you!!!!.

Double, double toil and trouble,
Fire burn and cauldron bubble!

Caroline

Last edited by HAPPY6; 11-30-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Caroline---I totally agree with you.

Connie---Happiness is only made by you. Dwelling in the past is hard to get over but once you do it you are on your way.

I wish the best to you and your family.

Hugs to you!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am reposting my post about my dd, here. I am so proud of her! I think this is her way of working through everything before we move?

Well, out of the mouths of babes. Dd talked to her grandfather tonight. She writes up the local news ( gossip ) for two papers. Of course FIL didn't want to talk about the family dinner today..... I will be honest, Jasmine was feeling very hurt at the moment. FIL said he wished we could come but he didn't know with all the peanuts. She reminded him that meals can be peanut free, and why can't family work with us to make a holiday meal safe for her? Why Grandpa? Brother doesn't even know who his aunts, uncles and cousins are. Why does it have to be this way? My FIL was crying at the end of the conversation. Nothing was said in anger but in hurt. She has the right to feel the way she does. She has the right to respectly talk to her grandfather. And..... she is right. Lets just say there are some family members who are feeling mighty guilty tonight. Sadly it won't do any good. If dh gets this job, we will be leaving very very soon! If he doesn't get this job, then there are others and we will still be leaving. I hate to say this but I think it is way too late to fix anything. I am proud of my daughter! She spoke up, nicely. Before Stuie came she would have NEVER spoke up for herself. Change has been good for all of us and change will continue to be good for us. I am damn proud of my daughter!

I have felt much much better today. I need to realize there isn't a life with our gene pool or this community. I really think we will be happier when we leave. Thanks for all the support! I need to work my way though all of this maybe?