Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Recipe Tester Club Test recipes that have been posted by other members, earn an award for yourself and help another member earn one too!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:36 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Rules & Guidelines

You must have a minimum of 40 posts to be a Recipe Tester. To become a tester, please see this thread for instructions.

RULES & GUIDELINES

Each month, approximately two weeks before the end of the month, 4 testers will be chosen at random and notified via email and/or private message. This will allow for ample time to choose your recipe and shop if need be. When chosen, instructions on how to proceed will be included.

IMPORTANT: Testers will remain anonymous until they have chosen their recipe and it has been approved. This also means that their recipe Tester award will not appear on their profile until after their recipe has been chosen. It is very important that testers DO NOT announce the recipe they are going to try just in case they end up not enjoying it and not awarding the blue ribbon to its originator. This will help avoid any hurt feelings.

Each tester will be given a deadline, we would like to be able to award a ribbon each week in the newsletter, if applicable.

Testers will report their results to Amanda by the deadline. If an award is to be given, it will be given at that time. If positive results are achieved, tester should post a reply and their results to the recipe thread AFTER Amanda has reviewed the results.

Testers may choose and prepare/test as many recipes (from any category) as they like, however only one recipe is required. For example, if Sue Smith is a tester during April and her deadline is April 10th, she needs to send in results for her chosen recipe by that date, however she may continue to test additional recipes through April 30th. If additional recipes are tested, please follow the same procedures as you did for your required recipe.

There are many places to find recipes on FC. The main area is the Recipe Exchange Forum in the Food category. However, there are plenty of other areas where recipes can be found as well. Below is a list of links that you can add to your Favorite Places:

Recipe Exchange

Low Carb Living

The South Beach diet

Planning Ahead

Recipes for kids

Ask the Cook

Around the kitchen Table

Party Ideas

This club should prove to be tons of fun and we are looking forward to seeing the results!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ok I know now the rules. Ready to begin.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Assistant Moderator

Sounds like fun!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am so ready but I cant seem to send out the info needed

Old 03-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

This is a great idea Amanda...looking forward to it...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

New recipes, here we come.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Cool...
Old 04-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Wow, cool!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Mystery Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I want to get in on this.

To return to the Guess Who Game or learn how to play this fun game click here!

Who is our Mystery Guest this week? Take a guess!
click here to submit your guess!
Please remember to submit only one guess per day. Thanks!