Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Recipe Tester Club Test recipes that have been posted by other members, earn an award for yourself and help another member earn one too!

Old 03-17-2008, 05:19 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Recipe Testers - Announcement, Questions and Comments

Hi everyone

As you already know the Blue Ribbon Recipe Award is given out by the head moderator staff. it is presented to members that have posted a recipe on the boards and one of the mods tried it and enjoyed it.

This award cannot be requested nor can a member be nominated for it. However, we do realize that this award is fairly rare because one of only four people must try a recipe before it can receive an award. Couple that with zillions of recipes to choose from and it can take a long time to earn this award.

That's why we have come up with the idea of Recipe Testers. Each month we will have 3-4 members be testers. Recipe Testers will be given their own award (yes a new award!) just for participating. Recipe Tester Awards will be given out once the results are sent in from their recipe choice. Below is an explanation of what a tester is. If you are interested in becoming a tester, please email Amanda with the information requested at the bottom of this post.

You may be a tester as often as you like, however if you participate this week and someone else wants to participate that hasn't yet, they will get precedence. Everyone can have a turn

Recipe Tester Responsibilities

You must have at least 40 posts on the boards to qualify to be a recipe tester. These are easily obtained in the game threads.

- a deadline will be given
- choose any recipe, any category, as long as it's not your own
- keep your recipe choice a secret
- report your results to Amanda by deadline
- report any adjustments that were needed to the recipe or instructions
- you will be a tester during a one month period and may choose to make as many recipes as you like, however ONE recipe is the minimum requirement

It's important that you keep the recipe you choose secret. If you were to choose a member's recipe, then announced that you were testing it, and it turned out you didn't like it, hurt feelings would follow. it's better to test the recipe and if you enjoy it, the award can then be given.

I Want to be a Recipe Tester!

Email Amanda the following information, PLEASE put "FC Recipe Tester" in the subject line:

- Name
- FC Member Name
- Recipes categories you would like to participate in (i.e. dinner, desserts, poultry, seafood, sides, anything, etc)
- Can you work within a one week deadline?

We think this is going to be lots of fun. Recipes Testers will be able to earn an award for themselves as well as be responsible for giving another member a new award!

Ask any questions you may have here, have fun!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda

Last edited by Amanda; 03-17-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This sounds like fun!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sounds like it will be a good thing to do

Old 03-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Sounds like a great idea...I will send the info today...

Happy St.Patrick's Day...
Old 03-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sent in my information.
Sounds great!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Sent in my information...Hugs
Old 03-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
Sent in my info , this sounds like fun.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone I'm glad this has received such a positive response! So far I have received information from 22 members, so we are off to a wonderful start! If you haven't already sent in your information please don't let these numbers deter you. Testers will be selected each month on a lottery basis, not by the order received. This decision was made because some people work during the day and were not available online until long after the original email was sent.

I'm looking forward to getting this started almost immediately, so watch for an announcement. If you haven't already sent in your info and would like to participate, follow the instructions in the first post of this thread!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 03-17-2008, 02:26 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyCorner
Testers will be selected each month on a lottery basis, not by the order received. This decision was made because some people work during the day and were not available online until long after the original email was sent.
I am correcting myself as there is ONE exception to this rule. Minny will be one of the first testers as this idea came to me after she tried to nominate someone's recipe for the blue ribbon.

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 03-17-2008, 04:06 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleys grandmom
Sent in my info , this sounds like fun.
Joyce I just wanted you to know that I did not receive any information for you. Please resend, thanks!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda