Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

ISO recipes to use new mixer

I just got one of those awesome large counter mixers. You know the ones with the bowl that goes up and down, with a million attachments like the ones on the food network?

I am so excited as I have wanted this for years but I am wanting to know some creative things you use yours for besides the obvious bread, cakes etc.

TX Chef Fran
Old 05-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What brand Fran and what size.?

I have FOUR mixers....

a 4 qt Kitchen aid....
a 6 qt kitchen aid professional
my first stand mixer, a sunbeam, which I still use for some things.
and a hand held mixer.....

MY BIG kitchen aid, 6qt, which I love isn't as good for certain things as the smaller one or the other stand mixer is.....

SO, tell us whatcha got.....*s*

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 05-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

wow jeannie! if i had 2 mixers my husband would think i lost my mind.........lol as it stands i have one and he still thinks i am nuts........LOL he can't see the reason for having it. at least i can explain why i have it - i doubt he could explain half the tools he owns
anyway, isn't there a recipe book that kitchenaid has for it's mixers?

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Hey, I won!
Old 05-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am getting there Jeannie!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannie
What brand Fran and what size.?

I have FOUR mixers....

a 4 qt Kitchen aid....
a 6 qt kitchen aid professional
my first stand mixer, a sunbeam, which I still use for some things.
and a hand held mixer.....

MY BIG kitchen aid, 6qt, which I love isn't as good for certain things as the smaller one or the other stand mixer is.....

SO, tell us whatcha got.....*s*
Well Jeannie I am catching up! It took me many years to get shi one so I think I will just be happy with it and not worry about the 6qt professional one!! I got a Kitchen Aid Heavy Duty 4Qt! I made garlic mashed potatioes in a snap tonight. Turned it on low with all the ingredients then set the table!! I it already!! I can't wait to make some pizza crust or my homemade dough and not have to knead it!!

TX Chef Fran
Old 05-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

There are recipes....

Quote:
Originally posted by bbkimberly
wow jeannie! if i had 2 mixers my husband would think i lost my mind.........lol as it stands i have one and he still thinks i am nuts........LOL he can't see the reason for having it. at least i can explain why i have it - i doubt he could explain half the tools he owns
anyway, isn't there a recipe book that kitchenaid has for it's mixers?
There are recipes on their site (which look good btw) BUT I want to know how some of you use yours. I have to make sure I use it as much as I can so I can prove that it was worth the investment!! Here is the link for the kitchenaid recipes.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/recipes/index.htmls

BTW, while you are there check out their new sink dishwasher...Too cool but kind of small.

TX Chef Fran
Old 05-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Fran....I've been cooking for more than 40 years....

The Sunbeam mixer was the first stand mixer I bought in 1979. I couldn't afford the Kitchenaid.... This has been a little workhorse for me, and I still use it. IT has all those doo-dads....about 12 attachments.

If a person doesn't have a mixer and wants to get a stand mixer, I really recommend they get a 4qt kitchenaid.. it's the most versatile of line.

The 6qt one we use and it's worth every penny, for kneading bread dough, and large batches of cookies. We do a lot of baking in our house. I am constantly shipping cookies to our kids....and friends because they request them.

Having more than one stand mixer helps especially in some recipes that, for instance, require while the cake is mixing in one bowl, the egg whites are mixing in another mixer. Egg whites require very clean bowl and beaters....and I've had 3 going at one time on occasion...*chuckle*

As I said, the 4 qt is more than adequate for most home kitchens.
My husband and I do a LOT of baking.

Now as for recipes, there are a gazillion recipes on the net. Or you can start your own recipe book collection..... the important thing is to have fun, don't be afraid of experimenting, and it takes time and experience to get comfortable. In time you can make up recipes on the spot. *grinz*

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 05-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks Jeannie...

I can't wait to use it again (just used it tonight for garlic mashed ptatoes) but I mean really use it! I will elt you know how it goes.

TX Chef Fran
Old 05-25-2003, 08:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi TXCHef Fran-- Try -www.kitchenaid.com------they have lots of interesting things to try with your new mixer.
You can use your new mixer for any recipe you've used in the past. Try experimenting. Have fun & good eating!
June Lee from Long Island,N.Y.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally posted by June Lee
Hi TXCHef Fran-- Try -www.kitchenaid.com------they have lots of interesting things to try with your new mixer.
You can use your new mixer for any recipe you've used in the past. Try experimenting. Have fun & good eating!
June Lee from Long Island,N.Y.
June Lee, Thanks but I already checked them out. (I posted the link a couple of days ago) Where in Long Island are you located? I have family in Holbrook.

TX Chef Fran
Old 05-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Fran--Sorry I missed your earlier link - so my info was passe. I'm in Miller Place-not far from Holbrook. It is a small world after all- you can always meet someone who knows someone wherever you go. We have a daughter in Galveston--I don't think it's near Plano.
Hope you are enjoying your new mixer- it is so easy to use & I've had one for more than 20 years. In fact I gave my first one to my daughter & bought a new one for myself.
Happy cooking!
June