Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 11-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Help, My Cookie Recipes Are All GONE!!!

I stored them for 3 yrs on my computer and my computer needs to be fixed, so I bought a used laptop and now I have no recipes. My sister just emailed me saying she needed the recipes. This is what I normally make, can you help me? I make Ginger, Molasses, Spice, Sugar, Eggnog, Shortbread. Please, help me, thanks.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Try here for some great recipes

I see that there is an eggnog cookie recipe here. Also, I have a soft sugar cookie recipe that is really, really easy to make and is so good if you would like to have it. Just PM me or email me and I will give it to you. I will have to look it up. I thought that I posted it on here but didnt see it when I did a quick look through these recipes. You might come across it if you look further into the recipes.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...c&daysprune=-1

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-13-2005, 05:22 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

thanks so much.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Here are a few sites that have recipes. www.allrecipes.com has recipes that people have posted and a review from people that have tried the recipes.

www.recipes.com is another site.

I hope this helps.

Kathy
Old 11-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Great!!! Oh and Ajrsmom, I would love your sugar cookie recipe too.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Leasmom how wonderful to see you again. Michigan now huh? Sorry you lost all your recipes. They have given you some good places to look too. Happy Baking
Old 11-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Head Moderator

This is a roll out cookie recipe that came on the back of Wilton cookie cutters; it tastes great and turns out very well!

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugasr with electric mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla and add baking powder and flour 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. The dough will be very stiff, blend last flour in by hand. Do not chill dough. Divide sough into 2 balls on a floured surface; roll each ball in a circle approximately 12" in diameter and 1/8" thick. Dip cutters in flour before each use. Sprinkle on any candy trims before baking. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet on middle rack of oven for 4 to 5 minutes depending on size, or until cookies are lightly browned. Using a spatula remove cookies from cookie sheet and allow to cool on a wire reck. To "paint" mix food color with a small amount of water. When cookies are cool, use an art brush to paint on color.

Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies

1 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
pinch ground cloves
1/4 cup stick margarine or butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg white
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla

In a bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, dalt and cloves and set aside. In another bowl, beat margarine and sugar till creamy. Beat in egg whites, molasses and vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir by hand till dough comes together; don't overmix. Shape into a long log and wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Slice log into 1/4" slices and place about 1" to 2" apart on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes just till set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Hopefully these might help and you have found on some of the suggested sites what you are looking for. If not I'd be happy to share more recipes with you, just let me know! Happy Baking!