Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-25-2005, 01:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

In need of Campbells Soup Recipes

I love Campbells soup and use cream of muchroom often. Does anyone use their soups with meats or casseroles?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I Do! I trim the fat off beef, Cut it into small chunks, Put it in the crock pot, Cover it with Cream of Mushroom soup, and cook for 4 hours. We pour the meat (with it's mushroom gravy) over mashed potatoes. The next day I use the meat and gravy over egg noodles. It's a great hassle free meal.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I use cream of mushroom,
chicken and celery all the time in casseroles an meat dishes. One of our favorites is seperating a package of steakems and putting stove top stuffing on each steak and rolling it up, jelly roll fashion. I put them in a casserole and put a can of cream of mushroom soup over them and bake at 350 for 30 -40 min.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

You need to check out their website. I just typed in www.campbellssoup.com and got there. They even have a recipe newsletter they send out. (I'm a Campbell's freak-cookbooks, cups,silverware, etc. ) If there is a specific recipe, I'll be happy to look it up. Have 5 or so of their recipe books.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sorry, silly me...I left out the soup!!
www.campbellssoup.com This will work much better!
Old 01-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I also use alot of campbells soup in recipes and the web site someone just posted is a great one!!I have a Campbell soup Cookbook I found at a yard sale for $1, and its great,it has over 19,000 different mix and match recipes. Anything special you are looking for let me know.One of my favorite things to do is to add cream of mushroom, or cream of chicken to my gravys, and they always come out good.
Hugs Sandie
Old 01-28-2005, 11:15 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

thank you so much for the great ideas. I have to try the steakumm dish. My kids and husband like steak alot and I have never used soup with it. I always use campbells with chicken or tuna casserole. if you like tuna and an easy dinner make some pasta and some frozen mixed veges and tuna and cream of mushroom soup and bake with cheese on top. I love this site and all the great posts. thanks again

have a great day

Diane
Old 01-28-2005, 01:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I brown pork chops and add cream of chicken soup and a little water to make a great gravy. Just brown and simmer until tender and serve with potatoes, noodles or rice.
I also brown hamburger, drain, add 2 cans of tomato soup and a box of macaroni ( cooked). You can add cheese to it and bake it for a quick caserole. I learned that 40 years ago in Girl Scouts!
Also you can brown hamburger, drain, add cram of chicken soup, garlic powder and minced onion. simmer and add a cup of sour cream at the end. Serve over noodles and you have a quick beef stroganoff!
Old 01-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

cambell soup alternative

Make an inexpensive version of Campbell's cream soups by sauteeing whatever flavor ingredient you want (celery, chicken, mushroom, shrimp...) in 3 tablespoons of butter, oil or margarine. Add 3 Tablespoons of flour and stir with a wisk until smooth and bubbly. Add about 1 cup of milk or broth, stirring with a wisk until thickened. Use as you would 1 can of soup. I have not had any complaints,and it is much less expensive than soup, and as I already have the ingredients on hand. it saves space too.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've used this with roast or chops, both equally as good.
Brown the meat, put in crock pot, cover with packet of onion soup mix then pour tomato soup over all. Crock for 6 hours or so.

Theres also a cookbook I have "Best recipes from the backs of cans, bottles and jars" or something like that.

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**