Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sad face Good-by

I think it is important for there to be a place where we can post our feeling of loss. After having our Black Lab for 14 years, we finally had to let him go..it was very difficult, but the best for him..That was several years ago, however we have had to say good-by to our oldest "boy" Bob. He was a Blue Heeler..Talk about having a dog that didn't like to be pushed around, he pushed back..lol..He was 13 years old when we let him go..We have two other older "children" that are that age now..It is only a matter of time for the older one..But I know God has a special place for his creations..wether 2 or four legged..

Last edited by Queen of Hoot; 05-20-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: removed a word.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sorry for your loss. Our fur babies are part of our families and I can understand how you would be hurting from the loss of one of your fur babies. I guess we just have to love them and enjoy them as long as we are blessed to have them and then take comfort knowing we gave them a good life. Sending you hugs.
Jean
Old 05-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks Jean. It does hurt, but they each leave you with special memories.. They are deffinately a blessing to have...in most cases...lol just got thru housebreaking one pup, now we have another to do...he is doing pretty good for only 8 weeks old...
Old 05-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Queen, I am so sorry for your loss. I personally know how important pets are to us. I hope that someday, the law will see them more than just property. I know they will never rank up there with humans, but if someone purposely hurts or kills our babies, they should pay more than just the cost to replace the pet and vet bills. There should be some sort of sentimentality fee added to pets who are abused or neglected by someone.

I lost my beloved Jet-Bo in October 2006. I don't think there has been a human that I have been as closer to than Jet-Bo. I rarely cry now, but the first 2 years after his death, I cried often. I still miss him SO much. He is that one dog you get once in a lifetime that almost becomes a part of you.

It seems some deaths (human or animal) are harder to recover from than others.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

You are so right Bobby, anyone who can mistreat a animal just for "kicks" or out of plain old meanness should have a larger penality. That is how we got one of our dogs (kids), Charlie..Some one dumped him out by our mailbox one early morning and just took off. He was dirty, long stringy hair, and the saddiest thing you every saw. After him staying by our sheds for four days, he came up to me licking his mouth letting me know he was thirsty...I couldn't stand it. I thought he was just lost and would find his way home, but he never left..needless to say, he joined our other 2 "kids". Took him to the vet, then to the groomers and we have one bundle of love. C---er Spainel. I can't see how people just throw away something like that. All of our pets have a special place in our hearts, and they leave a empty spot when they are gone. You will get another fur baby, but it will never take the place of the one's that have been lost...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I know so many people that think of dogs as things with no feelings. Here, the night before we were to get a blizzard, someone took a dog to the animal shelter and tied him up at their door. Needless to say, he was had no way to seek shelter during the ice storm and until the blizzard ended and humans were able to get back to the shelter, he was out in the elements. I was shocked that a) someone decided to abandon the animal the night before an ice storm and b) they tied it up so it could not seek warmth, shelter, and food until humans could take care of him. It was really sad.

I am a therapist and as much as I work with people with severe problems (yes, I think I've heard it all) I am always shocked at the new things I hear. So, when I think I've heard it all, I find out that I haven't heard it all.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I can't imagine that kind of cruelty, it truly sickens me. Queenofhoot, I am so sorry for your loss. Our furry family members are sometimes closer than our 2 legged ones. I know for us, my husband never wanted a pet, now we have our cat (9 yrs) and he is so attached to him. They provide us with such an outlet for love and stress release and expect so little in return. I can't imagine a life without a pet.

Don't get your knickers in a knot It makes you walk funny!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Anyone who says animals don't have feelings, just look at their face when you scold them or just push them away..They do have feelings..Maybe not like we do, because they forgive you of most anything, give you all the love they have, and ask for nothing in return. Sure wish I knew who tied up that poor dog..He would be tied up without shelter for more than a night..

Yes, Cooked, I do agree that sometimes are closer than 2 legged friends. I am such an animal lover, I would be in trouble if I worked in a shelter..I am afraid that I would be one of those people on TV that hoards animals out of the goodness of their hearts. I can see where they get over their heads in animals..God gave me a big heart for our four legged friends...And I thank Him for that.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face

As i lost my two pugs noah and sheba both rescues and came to me with health issues.As i do rescue and am a member of the ASPCA i thought i've heard it all or seen it all but,i guess not.These two were sent to me for a reason as i do love seniors these two really touched that place in my heart as i for one have to be careful as there have been moments i've wanted to hurt these people.RIP to all our sweet ones who are now playing at the bridge till we meet again our loves,our lives,Amen.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

sorry to hear of yoru beloved sweet kids the dogs. Oh how they warm our hearts and bring so much joy in our lives.
They can sense when something is wrong and they do their best to warm and care for us, they will lie beside us for hours after hours.
Thank goodness GOD knew we need a special kind of child ( our animals) to love and give back love to us.

I have lost several along my life journey and it doesn't get any easier with the next one.
With you doing rescues that each left a spot in your heart but so did you with them, you save them to live a little longer.
GOOD for you.

again sorry to hear another went.