Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thursday daily devotion...

http://jcshrimp1.com/Feb/Feb23.html

"The thoughts you entertain are the seeds from which your actions grow."
Old 02-24-2006, 06:44 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Friday daily devotion...

http://jcshrimp1.com/Feb/Feb24.html

"The thoughts you entertain are the seeds from which your actions grow."
Old 03-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Assistant Moderator

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 PETER 3:18 (NIV)
Growth is the goal of the Christian. Maturity is mandatory. If a child ceased to develop, the parent would be concerned, right?...
When a Christian stops growing, help is needed. If you are the same Christian you were a few months ago, be careful. You might be wise to get a checkup. Not on your body, but on your heart. Not a physical, but a spiritual.
May I suggest one?...
Why don't you check your habits?... Make these four habits regular activities and see what happens.
First, the habit of prayer.... Second, the habit of study.... Third, the habit of giving.... And last of all, the habit of fellowship.
When God Whispers Your Name
Max Lucado
----------------------------
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 PETER 3:18 (NIV)
Growth is the goal of the Christian. Maturity is mandatory. If a child ceased to develop, the parent would be concerned, right?...
When a Christian stops growing, help is needed. If you are the same Christian you were a few months ago, be careful. You might be wise to get a checkup. Not on your body, but on your heart. Not a physical, but a spiritual.
May I suggest one?...
Why don't you check your habits?... Make these four habits regular activities and see what happens.
First, the habit of prayer.... Second, the habit of study.... Third, the habit of giving.... And last of all, the habit of fellowship.
When God Whispers Your Name
Max Lucado
---------
to me these goes in hand to hand so that why I posted the two together.

another one that I came across that was good was this next one,

God and the Spider
http://hideaway_fun.home.att.net/378/god_spider2.htm

As it shows how GOD takes care of us even when we don't think HE is.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Assistant Moderator

PDL devotionals
Harold Best has said that we don’t go to church to worship; we go to church because we are worshipers. That would mean we were worshiping already. We worship when we bring God pleasure and we can do that at work, at play, in the car, at the beach, doing the chores. We can drink from the well of Christ’s presence inside our hearts and bring significance to anything we are doing.
Practice drawing on the well inside you today. Worship God today by focusing on Him in the middle of everything else. And when you go to church this week, go as a worshiper, carrying the joy of a satisfied soul right into the presence of God and other believers. And don’t wait for worship to happen to you; make it happen. You’ve got the well inside you. Drink up.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Assistant Moderator

strong breeze the kite is not going to have any lift. We must have the wind of the Holy Spirit in our lives to give us the lift we need.
Resurrection: The rise of the kite: Jesus Resurrection..... As the world begins to bloom around us a new life springs fourth, our focus is driven to the new life we receive when we accept Jesus as our personal Savior. As the kite rises into the air, so Jesus was resurrected to heaven. Jesus resurrection is what differentiates him from other martyrs. He not only died for us, but he rose again and TODAY is sitting at the Fatherís right hand making intercession for us.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Assistant Moderator

Proverbs 31:10 27-28
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies... She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Thoughts on today's verse
Give honor to whom honor is due! This biblical principle is most certainly true of women, and especially those who are godly mothers. Let's make sure we praise the key women in our lives today!
Prayer:
Father, I want to Thank You for the women of character and grace, tenderness and love who have helped shape my life, and helped me to find You. Please bless them this day, I ask in Jesus' name. Amen.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Assistant Moderator

for libraries that has computers and I can get on without no cost.

for the ones that has stayed in touch with me and has made me feel the way I do knowing they haven't forgotten me.

for getting my house organized like I am.. for the time I have on hand to get it organized too.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey Barbar ! God bless you. I have been thinking about you a lot lately.
Sweet picture of the girls !
I am fine, just keeping busy, as always. You know I don't like to just sit still.
Praise God, I am feeling better these days !
Love and hugs,
Linda Lou
Old 08-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was thinking about Brother Pat today and wondered if anyone has heard from him and how he is holding up since Nina left us...I know it left a huge hole in his life..hope he is doing o.k.
Name:  Godsmile.gif
Views: 112
Size:  10.3 KB
Old 08-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.
Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief