Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:30 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wednesday daily devotion...

http://jcshrimp1.com/Feb/Feb15.html

"The thoughts you entertain are the seeds from which your actions grow."
Old 02-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Life Changing Experiences

We touch the lives of others in ways we often never know. People sometimes come into our personal world for fleeting moments and can leave us forever changed. We have more power to create or to destroy than we can imagine. We can leave things or individuals better or worse than we found them. A look, a word, a gesture has tremendous impact and frequently we blither along through our existence unaware of the mighty power that our communication wields.
Here's an example:
It was a rainy, humid day: the mother of all bad hair days. I was riding on a bus downtown to go to work. The windows on the bus were covered in condensation so thick you couldn't see outside. Everyone was wilting. I was sitting next to a man in a business suit and didn't pay much attention until we both got off at the same stop and walked to the same newsstand to get a morning paper.
The man running the stand was obviously having a bad day. He was rude, abrupt and unsmiling as we purchased our papers, which served to only add more gloom to my day. The businessman caught my eye and smiled. He then proceeded to smile brightly, thank the newsstand proprietor for the paper and for being open on such a morning to make sure we were able to get our papers. In short, he expressed his appreciation for something most of us would take for granted.
The man running the newsstand responded only with a grunt and a sour expression. The businessman then pleasantly wished him a pleasant day.
As we turned away, I asked this man why he had continued to be pleasant to the newsman when he obviously didn't care about and didn't respond to his expression of appreciation and friendliness. The businessman grinned at me and said, "Why would I let someone else control what I say and what I feel or what kind of day I'm going to have?"
We then separated to go to our respective work places. To this day, I don't know who that business man was, where he worked, or anything else about him. I never saw him again, even though I looked for him on the bus on other days. He appeared briefly in my life and disappeared just as quickly. I don't even remember what he looked like. But I've never forgotten the words he said or the way his smile seemed like a shaft of light on a gloomy day.
That was a good 25 years ago, but the impact this had on my life has lasted. I never had a chance to thank him personally, but the way in which I try to choose to look at life as a result of those words is his legacy to me and my thanks to him.
Our interactions with the people we encounter can impact at least the next five people that person encounters. A smile and words of simple appreciation multiply themselves geometrically.
We cannot control people and situations that come to us, but we can always control our response to them. And in such positive decisions lie our control and personal power to make a positive difference. And it's something anyone and everyone can do. It is a real legacy that can impact both the present and the future.
This story was submitted by Gail Pursell Elliott. Gail is President of Innovations Training With A Can-Do Attitude.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:05 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

TY TeAnn that was awesome I loved it

Thursday daily devotion...

http://jcshrimp1.com/Feb/Feb16.html

Old 02-17-2006, 04:05 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Friday daily devotion...

http://jcshrimp1.com/Feb/Feb17.html

Old 02-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Assistant Moderator

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1: 2-4

with situations occurs I have to relate to that many times... thank goodness we have the LORD to go to.

=======================
"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives all fear is gone.
Because I know, I KNOW, He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives."
(Bill & Gloria Gaither)
Fear need not rule our hearts when God is our anchor.
Father in Heaven,
You know how fear seeks to over-ride my heart and affect my decisions.
Help me to trust in You to give me the wisdom that I need. Keep my faith strong and focused on You as my anchor.

Thank you for the certainty of your firm, secure hand giving me hope and help in the face of fear. I declare my trust in You and ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit
today. In Jesus' strong name I pray, amen.

Last edited by bar_bar; 02-17-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:05 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

That is one of my fav songs bar_bar Thanks for sharing

Saturday daily devotion...

http://jcshrimp1.com/Feb/Feb18.html

Old 02-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sunday daily devotion...

http://jcshrimp1.com/Feb/Feb19.html