Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Faith Topics > Religion > Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh, I guess I am not alone, then ! I am even shorter than you, Lynette. I am not overweight, just undertall !!!
I have a LONG way to go. I lost about 40 lb., then my birthday came, then husbands birthday, anniversary, holidays, and the rest is history. I am sure I have put on a few lbs. I am not looking forward to seeing the doctor next month ! I just got so tired of eating salad every day. I can't seem to get myself disciplined again.
Started thyroid medicine a while back. Sure is no miracle cure, I tell you ! Hmmm, now what can I blame it on ?
People tell me it is just not fair, since food is a big part of what I do as a person. Makes it tough, I tell you . I like to cook, bake, can, all of that stuff. Since we can't eat all the fun stuff anymore, it just isn't the same. Takes the joy out of it. We actually eat fried tofu for dinner. That with rice and stir fried veggies. Now, it isn't bad, just not as good as bbq ribs and coleslaw, those kinds of things. I was raised by a southern mother, who was an awesome cook.
OK, I don't know what that all has to do with Christian music ! Make a joyful noise unto the Lord !!!!
Bye, now.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:48 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well then.....

My dh and I both are blest with crowns of glory!!;-)

Thank you for being so encouraging, ladies. you both are wonderful!

Hugs 'n prayers,
Lynette
Old 01-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh, you guys are funny!!!

I, too have to lose some weight and it is driving me crazy because I never had a weight problem growing up and I could eat whatever I wanted. I STILL eat whatever I want.....AND IT SHOWS!! I need to lose 30 pounds and it all seems to have gone around my middle. I look like a pregnant bird or something...I mean I have these stick legs and arms and then a fat old belly.

My husband and I were just talking last night about starting a diet...so we have decided on the "Lean Quisine, Slim Fast, Cereal, healthy choice icecream cone diet"!!!
Have any of you ever been on that one?? LOL!!! We are going to try that for 2 weeks and then go from there. Lets see if I can even make it 2 days.
Well, this is supposed to be Christian Music........too bad I can't think of a song off the tip of my tongue on dieting!!!!

LindaLou, what part of Washington do you live in?
I grew up in Tacoma!

What a blessing, Lynette, to be in a job that is a ministry and something you so enjoy.
I don't know that I could work from home...motivation, sidetrack issues, no adult conversation, etc.... Not to mention there would be the temptation of playing on Family Corner too much!
Did you always know you wanted to be in radio or was it something you sort of fell into?
I just think it is so important to be doing work that gives meaning to your life; that makes you feel good about yourself.
This has been a struggle of mine for the past few years. We have moved a lot so I have had to start new jobs numerous times. It is important to me to be doing a job wherer I feel like I am helping people. My VERY favorite job was being an activities aide in a nursing home! Planning crafts, games, parties for birthdays and holidays, cooking, reminiscing, wheelchair kickball, etc...etc,...! I am so at home with elderly people, very huggy and lovey!! There are no openings in the town I am in though I have tried, but that was an awesome job!!

well, I should get some laundry going and get my chores started!
Love, Donna
Old 01-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh, I forgot to mention about the gray hairs!!
I am 43 and I am starting to see some gray!!
Does this mean I am beginning to be wise??!! LOL!!!!

Love, Donna
Old 01-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ha Ha...Donna....

You made me chuckle!!! Welcome to the Sisters of Wisdom Club! So very happy you could join us!
Old 01-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh, Sisters of Wisdom. This is Older Sister speaking.
I have you beat by five years, Trainlady.
We live in Vancouver. I think in the introduce yourself thread, I tell a bit about myself. Born and raised in Longview/Kelso. Been here for 10 years now. I prefer it here.
My husband used to work for a woods railroad. He loved that job. Mt. St. Helens blew up the railroad and all the timber they were to haul for the next 10 years. So, end of that job.
Speaking of gray hair, mine turned years ago. My husband finally told me one day to dye this stuff, that I looked like a horned owl ! I have two big spots, one on each side of my head. Well, I know I have a lot more than that now, but I haven't seen my real hair color in years, other than the roots.

Sing unto the Lord a new song, for He has triumphed gloriously !!!

When I was a teenager, I traveled some with a few girls and sang in different churches. Mostly within the state. I even sang all by myself in this huge church in Canada with the biggest pipe organ in there I have ever seen. Now the thought of singing in front of anyone scares me spitless. I used to love to sing !!
We also had a teen church choir and another group that I sang in.
Now I sing solo. So low no one can hear me ! I do sing in the shower. My husband says he knows when I am happy because I sing .
Old 01-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

oh rats tried to submit what I wrote and already deleted my notes and I had to many icons and lost the entire stuff I wrote. Now I suppose to remember word x word. FAt chance. LOL
I guess I didn't need to say what I did.

Will try:

Sisters of Wisdom I am the oldest. I will be "Big 50" in July. now you all are more mature than I am I think for I am a over grown kid at heart. At times I am more so than others.

Linda Lou thank you for writing the bible verse you must had know what I was talking about thank you so much.
Now Lynette don't you feel better about your gray hair, but I am the one in trouble, for I really don't have that much gray hair. so pray for me. I have a few wild hair that is gray.
and when it comes to body fat, oh well lets go to another subject, LOL told dh that if I could ever get that make over they do on TV I would need to go for the belly tuck. but when they do all that stuff well I be bigger at the top if they belly tuck me all up, but I let them just suck that body fat and make it go away. LOL
I have a indigistion problem and a metabulism problems so no matter what I do I can't seem to lose the weight. and boy I look like a pg woman, and there are times I am worst than others.
so I think I got you beat on that too trainlady. LOL

Don't know a song for this but do have a Bible verse.
Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep and a time to laugh and I might as well as laught about my belly than to cry. but if I do cry it ok, for it says a time to cry.

Trainlady you are 43??? I was thinking at one time you were in your late 30's but after today I was shocked that you are in your 40's. by the way thank you . looking forward to reading the book.

well Wise woman, should we start a thread for Wise Woman with our humor. LOL I think so. for laughing is good medicine.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

time for laugher

Ecclesiastes 3:4 There is a time for laugher
Proverb 17:22 a cheerful heart is good medicine.

this thread is for the jokes and things that will make us laugh to take time to laugh to have a cheerful heart.

Wow we can share those with one another here.

When I saw this line today I thought about starting this thread, I hope you all will enjoy it. GOD BLESS

Give me a sense of humor, Lord, Give me the grace to see a joke, To get some humor out of life, And pass it on to other folk.

so often we get in such a hurry we forget to stop and smell the roses and to laught at ourselves, or at a cute joke. so lets enjoy.
GOD BLESS

A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter. Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. Forgive us our trespasses."

When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note. "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket, I'll lose my job. Lead us not into temptation."
Old 01-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ladies of the Sisters of Wisdom, I, too, have the Belly Blues. Oh, my, oh my, what should we do ? We will sing the Belly Blues ! I got the blues.. I got the blues.... I got the big going round belly blues.... Oh boo hoo, I got the belly blues !

There is your song, bar_bar about the belly blues.

You want us to pray for what??? Gray hair ? I just am praying for restoration of my hair. Honestly, I have lost a lot of my hair. I think it is because of low thyroid disease. I kept telling my doctor I was going bald. FINALLY, he listened to me. I think Rogaine is going to be my new best friend soon. I am thinking about trying it.

I really don't know what this all has to do with Christian radio. I am so confused !

Old 01-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Barbara - Oh, that was funny! Thanks for sharing! Yup, I've been reading, but not posting. I really enjoy your chats.

Carol