Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 10-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh Dani it is my fervent prayer that you can find your way back to God! For sure He never leaves our sides but we all too often wander from His. It sounds like you may need to find a good friend to whom you can vent and honestly open up. This thread is full of caring and concerned women. Though not meant to be a substitute for one on one friendhships this IS a great place to find good friends and real life advice. So many have been or are where you are now.

I hope you will let us hear how you are doing.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 10-27-2002, 05:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Angela! Just wanted to let you know I'm going to try and get the book Calm My Anxious Heart this week! I checked it out on Amazon.com and it sounds just great! Thank you so much for sharing about it.

Angela (in TX!)
Old 10-28-2002, 02:11 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I pray it will bless you as much as it has me. Let me know what you think.

Blessings,

Angela (in Idaho!)
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26
Old 11-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Angela in ID,

I just wanted to let you know I bought this book today! I've only read through the first chapter because I want to do the study, but it has been fantastic so far. Thanks so much for sharing about it!

Angela (in TX!)
Old 11-08-2002, 06:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

This book sounds wonderful. I have been with a group of on-line friends for some time now and we occasionally do bible studies together. I am going to suggest this one right now. Thanks for writing about this one!

Jayne

Old 11-29-2002, 05:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

How is the contentment level holding during the holidays? I am still content with my personal life and in a constant state of growing in my spirtual life. Now if only I could get through my menopause state! I'd be COMPLETELY content to be through with all of that at the ripe old age of 48. From my keyboard to God's ears!

Jayne

Old 06-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I feel content overall in my life but I lack self worth and roots in my life. I have moved so much that I have continually had to start over and it gets very tiring. I have been feeling down lately about not being a mom or, at this time...even having a job. I keep reminding myself that maybe "this is it" and to just be content with what I have. And I am blessed. I have a loving husband, a roof over my head and food to eat.
I keep looking for more, wondering what God's will is for me instead of just accepting every day as it is. I am working on this.

hugs,train

Old 06-16-2004, 03:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Trainlady

Why would you say you lack self-worth? God loves you and therein lies your worth. You were worth dying on the cross for. Sometimes it's hard to keep in mind that the Lord looks at us through His eyes and with His standards, not the world's. We on the other hand, tend to judge ourselves (and others) by worldly standards. Look to the Word to find out who you are in the Lord and hold on to that.

I'm sure it must be difficult not having children when you want them. I can't say what the Lord's will is for you. He may tell you ahead of time, He may not. I do know that learning to be content and resting in Him is very important. Remember that He can see the whole of our lives, while we can only see a tiny portion. Throw yourself into whatever He has placed before you. The joy and contentment will come through your obedience to Him.

I pray your day is blessed!

Angela
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26
Old 06-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Your words are so true, Angela and I thank you for them!! Lets just say I was having a very, very bad week when I wrote. I was dealing with some issues that were really bringing me down but am feeling so much better having done some heavy duty praying this past weekend!!

Thank you for your encouragement though just when I needed it!!

hugs, donna
Old 06-23-2004, 03:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

So glad to hear you are doing better! Keep your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of your faith.

Blessings,

Angela