Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Your place in church

What is your place in your church?

Do you sit in the same place every week or move around?

Do you have many friends at your church?

What ministries are you involved in? What would you like to be involved in if time allowed?

hugs, train
Old 03-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Your place in Church

My Dad always wants to sit the same place. But thay are remodling it and where we used to sit you couldnt see the Minister so I made him move now when thay open the new section we will see. I have a few friends at church and no I dont belong to any Ministerys.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member

We sit on the same side, in the same 4-5 pews each week.

I'm one of the 5 adult supervisors for the Kids for Christ afterschool program and KFC choir. I volunteer in the nursery during church, and as Usher, Greeter, Coffee Hour Host.

Roberta
Old 03-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DD and I are in the choir so we sit with them. DH and the boys always sit in the exact same spot, week after week! Luke would like to sit closer to the front but DH seems to like this particular spot.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have a tendancy to sit in the same spot, at my current church (we have "only" been at this church about 1 1/2 years.) I like to "make" myself (& dh & son) sit in different spots so that we can greet different people & get a different perspective of the rest of the congregation. Now I am usually in the choir & my dh & ds usually sit in the same spot. I work every other Monday at our food pantry, giving food to families that are in need. I work (for pay) Tue & Thurs in our preschool (MDO) program as an assistant teacher for two year olds. And I help with Awana's. Whew.
I have lots of non close friends. At my previous church, it was very cliquish. There were some good people, but I just never felt like I fit anywhere. Now I really enjoy lots of different people. The older people, the younger people are all so friendly and inclusive. I have a several semi close friends, but that is my nature. I am really close to my husband & my sister & not too many others.
Anyway, I love my church.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We sat in the same place every sunday

Old 03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I grew up in the Methodist Church and always sat near the middle to the back of the church. My husband is native american indian and his church is the earth. He believes that god is everywhere and out in the wilderness is where he should pray and be with god and all his nature's family. I've considered it. We both love nature so much.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Nine Year Member

I sit where ever there is room in the middle of the church. I have helped on different fund raisers for the church. Many of my friends and neighbors belong to the same church.

Last edited by HAPPY6; 03-31-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Nine Year Member

I like to sit on the far left behind the choir or stand in the back (anonymous place). Dh likes to sit in the middle of the large section on the right (what his parents did?). DDs like to sit in the very front pew! They can see what's going on that way.

DD1 talked me into doing Eucharistic Minister training. DD2 plays in the bell choir. I go to a Bible study and want to join the women's group that fundraises for charities (Court Blessed Madonna). I'm getting up the courage to put my name on a list to do reader training.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 04-01-2007, 03:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ellen, it sounds like you really love your church since you want to be so involved. I have never heard of Court Blessed Madonna...is that part of a larger organization? (Our old church used to have a Court Prudentia that was part of a bigger group but I can't remember the name of it)

Because our diocese is deciding right now whether they will close, merge, or "twin" some parishes, the fate of the church we attend is up in the air. I don't want to get more involved than I am (just choir) until I find out if the church is going to be there. After what has happened with the school, I'm just not up for going down that kind of road again.