Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lightbulb Inspirational Book discussion / Last Light, Terri Blackstock

I just started reading the Terri Blackstock book Last Light, and would really like to have a discussion on it. I am willing to wait for anyone willing to discuss this book, to get the book, read the book, etc. This book has brought some interesting thoughts to me, and I would like to share. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks, Rachel
Old 11-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have read both of her books in this series. I read them last summer so I might need to refresh my memory a little but I did enjoy them both.
Iris
Old 11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I thought Last Light was new, but in any case, it is book one. It is about losing our conveniences in the world and it is really interesting, thought provoking. Refresh your memory, I will finish reading the book, and we can get discussing! I am so glad someone responded to this . I love Christian fiction.

Rachel
Old 11-13-2006, 04:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Glad to find another Christian Fiction lover. My all time favorite authors are: Terri Blackstock, Dee Henderson, Karen Kingsbury, Stephanie Grace Whitson, and Brandylyn Collins. Somewhere here on FC there is an old post about christian fiction and one poster listed well over 50 different authors. I will see if I can find it and post it later today.
off to work,
iris
Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Iris, Have you read Last Light yet? So far I think it is a good book. I would finish it today, have about half left, but I have so much to do! Hope we can get discussing soon. Rachel
Old 11-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Yes I have read it and the second book in the series "Night Light". According to the following review on amazon.com there will be four books altogether in this series.

" "LAST LIGHT," the first of four books planned for her current 'Restoration' series, sets an even higher standard, with her challenging theme of our planet being stripped of its electricity, and other forms of power which most of us take for granted. After reading "LAST LIGHT," the only disappointment is having to wait for the remaining books in what promises to be yet another great series! --RON HOWE "

I agree with the reviewer it will be hard to wait for the other two books.
iris
Old 11-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I can't wait to get the next book then. Yippee. I also have a new Dee Henderson book waiting on me to read after Last Light. I think I am going to have to order Night Light though! rachel
Old 11-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Which Dee Henderson book is it? I have ( I think) all of hers.
iris
Old 11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

The Dee Henderson is Before I Wake. I heard it wasn't as good as the rest of hers, but I want to read it anyway. I just finished Last Light last night. I can't wait to get Night Light. I am going to read Before I Wake next.

I really thought about what I would do if I did not have the normal conveniences I am used to. Not sure what would happen. I am quite spoiled, and I know it. Hmmm. It was crazy how people were acting!

Rachel
Old 12-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

just checking to see if you had finished night light or Before I wake yet? I have read both of them. The two Terri Blackstock books I really enjoyed and they did make me stop and think. What would we do without phones, cars, TV's, grocerey stores etc. Hopefully it will not happen but ............... the other book Before I wake I finished last night. I won't say anything about it untill I hear if you have read it yet or not.
Iris