Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 08-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Here's a NEW Question. Please remember you can always go back and answer an older "IF" question.

IF you could change one thing about your past what would it be?

hugs,train
Old 08-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Don't think I would change anything ,other than to be kinder and gentler in my 20's and 30's.

Hopefully all of my experiences in life good and bad,have helped to make me who I am today. (sounds cliche)..
Old 08-10-2004, 02:40 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This is an easy one for me. I would have definitely went to college after high school! and would have taken more college prep courses in HS.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:44 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I would have never married my first husband that was a bad experance

Old 08-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Assistant Moderator

mmm a tough question... in many ways I wish I didn't marry the man I did, but If I didn't I wouldn't have the kids I do today

wish I didn't mess my life up in a period after I left the kids dad and before John came into my life, but if I didn't I wouldn't got to the point that I went so down, that I needed GOD to pick me up to dust me off and above all wouldn't given my life to the LORD.

wish I didn't have the conflict I did with my mom, but again, that in the long run helped us to grow closer in the end and be bonded together in a healthy situation, that only made me grow.

so many other things in life, wish they were different, but if they were, where and what would I be today? the same? I don't think so, therefore I have to agree with what Jeanette said...
with each trail it made me grow and become who I am today..
closer to the LORD, to be able to look back and see where I was and am today.

some things I wish were different I had no power over it and couldn't change it, like who my real dad was...

maybe not waste some time when I did...learn some thing in life that I didn't, but of course if I did, would my path go into a different diriection, just maybe it would...

and dh loves me the way I am... and thankful for me... so I guess I'm ok then.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sweet Barb
Your *real* dad is the one who raised you and loved you as you are. I can understand wanting to know your biological father. I never saw mine after I was 6 years old. Good thing too. He was violent and an alcoholic. Of course,my step dad ,later on was a wicked man as well,but you were fortunate to have one that loved you so much,and you him...
Old 08-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barbar,
Sometimes our trials in life make us stronger to later help people who are going down that same path. Not that I would wish hard times on anyone but they have made you the strong, beuatiful, helpful, caring woman you are today. Please know how much we love and appreciate you.

OK, this is heavy stuff.........lets go to a lighter question........
"If you had to chose one book other than the bible that has truly inspired you which book would you choose?"
Why?

peace,train

Old 08-14-2004, 07:56 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I think any home that has the things that I like (butterflies;houseplants;fish would be my most comfortable place. I try to decorate for each month. Makes the home cozy.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Heaven's Home

I would definetly have to say my Grampa's Farm. I learned so many lessons there good and bad. Some of the worst days of my life were there and some of the best were there. I grew as a person and out of it all, I became the person who I am today. A good mother of 3 and a caring, nuturing person.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

What would I have done differently?
1. I would have gotten my hands on a Christian bible and read the New Testament!

I didn't discover Jesus as the Son of God until I was 27.

I'd been to youth groups with my friends as a child, but thought "church" was only a social club. In collage I learned about the teachings of Jesus, but no one told me he was God.
Even singing about the baby in the manger at Christmas didn't prepare me for the idea of God having a son, I thought we were singing about a king that lived years ago!

I had read the Holy Scriptures (the Old Testament) but didn't read a Christian bible until collage and never made it through to the New Testament. I had been told it was a history book written by some old guys and I found it to be like the Holy Scriptures but it wasn't as easy to understand.

2. I would have asked the ladies in the black outfits who wore a cross with a dead man on it "Why?" The nuns quit wearing habbits in our area before I learned about Jesus so I didn't figure out what that was all about until I was 50 yrs old!

I've known the Father all my life but it would have been wonderful to know that the Messiah had already come. It would have been wonderful to know that I didn't stand alone. It would have been wonderful to have someone to pray with, wonderful to know someone who loved God the Father like I loved him.

3. I would have looked for the Church Jesus built instead of looking for a church that believed like I believed. It took me 23 years of searching through christian churches before I finally gave up and used the red letters in my King James Bible and asked the Holy Spirit to lead me to the Church where God wanted me to be.

My life would have been different, so different.

But God is good. He finally managed to get me where I belong and I'm so grateful that He never gave up on me.

Love & Prayers,
Linda