Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

How do you share your faith with others?

In what ways do you share your faith with others? What do your friends like best about you?

Hugs,train
Old 07-09-2004, 06:27 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

faith

I try not to push my faith on others as I find that annoying! However, a fairly close co-workers husband left her last week and of course she was very upset about it. When she asked me what she should do about trying to get him to come home, the first thing that I thought to tell her was "God will never give you more than you can handle". She said that she is just so tired but cannot get any sleep or relief, I told her " Turn it over to your Higher Power, and let Heavenly Father take over for you and He will!!" I know this is a very hard time for her and I hope that these words of wisdom will help her.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I teach Sunday School and also I always try to encourage others to pray!
Diane
Old 07-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My faith does not involve pressing it on others. I don't proselytize about anything, well, unless you count low-carb diets, LOL!

My relationship with God is between God and me. I do feel that we do more by setting an example than we do by telling others how to live.

Rani
Old 07-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

I agree our actions speaks louder than our words at times..
what we say and act needs to go together... other wise people would wonder what's up. or call us hypocites.

I also share my testimonies of my life to others thru writting as well as thru speaking... when someone ask how do you go thru it all, I reply back the Grace of the LORD, or I don't know but I know GOD is with me...

that why I have the message I as my byline...

shoving it down someone is not the way of doing it.

it takes being a friend to them, praying for them, being there for them, taking care of the needs like Jesus did.... then you feed the word to them in small bites.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Faith

Through example onlyl. I try to be non judgemental and love my neighbor (although sometimes hard)
Old 08-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

roxie
when you have the hardest time of loving and you doing it, others will want to know how do you do it... then you can say because GOD first love me to send HIS son to the cross, and there opens a door for you to share your faith right there.

welcome to the religious forum... nice to met you. we have a wonderful prayer group over on the other thread, do hope you will join us over there.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:24 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I try to share my faith by living it. Sometimes I feel like I really fall short in this area but I learn a long time ago--when you preach to much--you push people away---they tend to hear more and see more from watching how you live. My prayer is that I will be so on fire for God---that people can tell I am a Christian before I even say anything--I want to glow with His grace and love.

VJ
Old 08-16-2004, 05:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm with you, VJ. If someone asks me, I will tell them, and I will given them things to read if they are interested, but I don't go asking people if they are "saved" or have "found Jesus."

The Fathers of the Church have always shown us that it is the light within us that people will see, they will not hear unless they ask.

Elizabeth
Old 09-20-2004, 10:56 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

By Example

All my life I've tried to set a good example by my speech, actions and who I associate with. Our language, or conversation, should be a shining testimony of the presence of our Lord and Savior in our life.

The Bible says in Matthew 5:6, "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (NIV)

Matthew 6 tells us to give to the needy but not to go around boasting and bragging.
There are many ways to give. Of course, money is always good, but, most young couples are on a pretty tight budget. The Salvation Army and Second Harvest can always use a helping hand. It take many hands to prepare those meals and many hands to help serve.......So many ways of giving a helping hand up. We ALL need to be involved with the different programs in our churches.

How to witness to others? By letting your light shine.

GOD bless,
Gloria

Doulas MacArthur