Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Quips, Quotes, Wisdom & Scriptures A place to share your quotes, scriptures, and other spiritual wisdom you would like to share.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I believe that if I live my life in the way that Christ wants me to, then I will be letting His light shine through me and that is a way that others find out about His love. I agree that just preaching to someone can push them farther away, but that if they see something in you that makes them feel comfortable and want to know more about it, then you are showing them who Jesus is. I love to share all about my faith when asked or when I can, and praying is a major part of my life.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:01 PM
KaAlb

When ordering address labels, I bought a stamp, too. Every piece of mail that leaves our home is stamped "In God We Trust" right beside our return address label. At Christmas, the cards are stamped "Jesus...the FIRST Christmas gift". :-)

Occasionally, God gives me songs to write. But more frequently, He gives me poetry. The music and poems are His handiwork, not mine...because "Without Him I can do nothing".

I try to be cheerful, everywhere I go...sharing smiles, kind words and, sometime, caring hugs. It never ceases to amaze me, when I take time to hug someone, how often they say, "Thank you. I really needed that today." Isn't God awesome?

What my friends like best about me? Hmmm...probably that I always try to say something that uplifts/validates them. The human spirit is so fragile and I feel that my mission is to bring His joy into the lives of others.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I forgot all about this thread, so I'm glad you posted here, KaAlb. This issue is fresh in my mind now, in the wake of the tragedy of the murder of those Amish girls.

On Thursday, I saw an interview on TV, some psychologist with a talk show interviewing a Mennonite midwife who had delivered four of those girls. The Amish and Mennonites are close, both referring to themselves as "the plain people," though the Mennonites are less strict and hence, she did this interview. She stood there with her two sons and spoke about how she practices midwifery in their communities and how those four girls, like all the babies she catches, are like "her" babies. The doctor asked her how the Amish families are dealing with it, and her answer was deeply touching. She said that like any parents, they grieved and cried, but that all of them also said, "We must do something for the mother and her other children." Their faith is such that they weren't angry or blaming, and they knew that the wife and other children must be suffering as much as they are. They also lost a husband/father and furthermore, must be suffering from not understanding what pain Roberts must've been in, to do such a thing. And so they wanted to reach out and help comfort the wife and kids.

I don't know if I could be quite that loving, turn the other cheek, embrace the killer's family like that. But I completely admire the Amish families for it.

Rani
Old 10-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Nine Year Member

That love and concern for our enemies is what distinguishes love from hate. I think it is a very telling witness in today's world.

I try to do the right thing and keep God's will in sight when making decisions. Like on a gun there are front and rear sights. Line up the two correctly and a bulls eye is scored.

I talk about myself, both failings and successes, as if I am part of the whole human race. We are all on a path to knowing God, some closer than others, why judge someone further along or not as far, that's God's business. Mine is to love, the Golden Rule, which of course, I struggle with like every other person!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 10-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have never really pushed my beliefs on anyone but if someone has a problem with anything in their lives I do tend to say.."give it to the Lord"..or "fully rely on God"...or "pray on it" ...or
if someone comments on my situations regarding my health, finances or the passing of my loved ones, I do say that the Lord gets me through everything he gives me in my life.
Name:  001101c.gif
Views: 84
Size:  11.7 KB

Old 10-08-2006, 06:00 AM
KaAlb

Beautifully said, Rani. I have always admired the Amish. They truly live their convictions and the desire to help the hurting family of the killer is what being Christ-like is all about. The Amish are an incredible testimony, of God's agape love.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I try to be a quiet witness, but if God or Jesus or Church comes up in the conversation I overflow!!!

I'm not a bible basher. I'm more like the grandmother who goes on and on about how wonderful her grandchildren are! I'm literally in AWE of everything God has done for me and for all of us!

I just love the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and the Church so much that I can't keep my mouth shut.

Hopefully I will do everything in love and His light will shine through in spite of my enthusiasm.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 02-03-2007, 08:56 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good question!
There is no easy answer!
But here goes, I usually let people know what God has done for me & my family!
Then I tell them to let go & let God and when you turn everything over to the Lord, he'll work wonders in your life!
He'll never put more on you than you can handle!!
I have a prayer request!
My brother in-law had two heart attacks two weeks ago this coming Monday!
I got a call from my sister today, they are going to be taking him off of life support this week! His heart & lungs & kidneys are in the worse shape!! We also found out this week that from the EEG test, he has brain damage!!
Bill is a christain!! That is the good news, the bad news is my sister and their adopted daughter will be left behind once he is gone!!
Jan & Bill have two grown children , they did have three, they lost a daughter a year ago this month, which she was the birth mother to the daughter they adopted from birth!
Please if you all will, keep our family in your prayers we need them!!
I know this post wasn't for prayers, but the thread before this was closed!
I hope you all don't mind!! I'm new at posting!!
But just know how much your prayers are needed and we will be so gratefull to you all for them!!
God bless you one and all!!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thank you for asking us to pray for Jan & Bill and the children, they are on my prayer list. The fact that he is a Christian does bring some comfort, but the emptiness they will face at his passing is very real.

The prayer request forum is now called Prayer Corner and we pray for all who come to FC, both spoken and unspoken requests.

Welcome to Family Corner!

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 02-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Assistant Moderator

NanaJack
welcome to the prayer forum as well as to Fc. we are sorry to hear about your bil, but glad that you felt like posting the need.
Sorry the other thread didn't work but it due to the fact like Linda mention it was close.

here is the link to the prayer thread that we are working on now.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...t=18930&page=7

I will join with Linda in prayers for you dear.
I know she must be very concern and worried. We have had several on this forum that has lost husbands and other family members or friends.
I almost lost my dh several times, Praise GOD, HE has a purpose for him that not completed here on earth.

Please keep us informed and please feel free to visit us at the prayer Corner..

HUgs and prayers
Bar bar