Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 01-25-2004, 02:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Do you eat the crust on your pizza?

This has become a big debate at our house lately. My Dh and I both eat the crust most of the time but my DS refuses to eat it and this drives my husband crazy! Ive tried to tell him that the more he protests it, the more that he will put up a fight BUT you cant tell this man anything sometimes!!!!

So.... the battle continues

What do you do??

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

LOL!!!

I like the crust.. the rest of the family usually feed theirs to the dog
Old 01-26-2004, 03:54 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

It depends on what pizza, it is.

My DP and I eat the crust as long it isn't burnt or too hard. Lol. My DS always eat his crusts as he loves his, and DD sometimes eats hers, depends on what mood she's in lol.

MoT
Old 01-26-2004, 05:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I eat my pizza crust.. and my dd's pizza crust too... Why let a great crust go to waste? Maybe you should suggest this to your dh.

Actually I'll only eat them if they are not burned and have some sauce still on them...

I don't know how old your ds is.. but there are a few things we as parents can't control for our kids..and they know it too...

Their toileting habits and their eating habits top the list of autonomous activities from a very early age. Try to fight them on this stuff, and you're going to loose. .... No sense choosing those battles.. we won't win...

All we can do is hope to enlist them in our way of thinking.. If that doesn't work.. Back off and respect their differences.

And in this case.. Eat their Pizza crusts! LOLOL!!

Val
Old 01-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

It's not worth the fight!!!! I like pizza crusts--but if I'm having another slice I'll leave the first crust on my plate since the bread tastes good cold but I like the cheesy part hot and half the time by the time I'm done the second slice DH has snatched my crust from the first one!

It's not like your child is wasting the main part of his meal. I mean, he's eating the PIZZA part, right?

Offhand I can't remember how old a child we're talking about here, but battles like this are what create picky eaters.

Next time order a Sicilian (square pie) and give your DS the middle slices. No crust to worry about. ;-) Or if you make it yourself, make it on a cookie sheet instead of a pizza pan. You'll get a rectangle with some center slices.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:46 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I eat the crusts, if it is thick crust. Husband eats the crusts.

The two older kids eat the crust.

DD 9 yos will only eat the crust if it is stuffed crust, or if we have either garlic butter or sauce to dip them in.

I think youngest dd, only eats the crust. She even pulls the cheese off the slice.

We never make a big deal about it either way. As long as they don't complain that there is nothing to eat.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:52 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Love the pizza crust! I tend to order thin crust where there is no crust per say but, really though its useless as I end up eating dhs crust from this thick pizza!
leighann
Old 01-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I really do not like pizza, so when I do have to eat it I am not going to eat anymore than I absolutly HAVE to so therefore NO I do not eat the crust!

You will be forever missed Breezy...

Love, Your FC Family
Old 01-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tami - does your son just pick off the toppings or does he eat everything except the end crust? Either way, I think it is a battle your DH is going to lose. If your DH wouldn't focus on it, maybe it would be just a phase your DS is going through!

My 19 yr old DD will eat a full slice...or two and then pick the toppings off of another slice. She says that the bread/crust part is too filling.

Both of my boys love the crust. DS # 2 (9 yrs old) can't eat the end crust right now due to his braces.

"H" doesn't normally eay pizza as that is the one thing that really causes his blood sugar to go crazy! (he is an insulin dependent diabetic)

Me? I eat it all!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

pizza crust.

My family loves pizza.
But I have found the chewier the crust the better.
We eat the whole thing.
But we do have some finicky eatters.
Cheese pizza is basically all the kids will eat.
However garlic and chicken has been know to get eatten.