How Many of Your Husbands Like to Cook? - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 09-03-2002, 09:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

:p
My hubby loves to cook outside... "grilling is his thing", and I love when he does. He makes the best potatoe salad, bbq chicken too, .......yum, now I am hungry, again
We cook together very well, we mix together like sunlight mixing with the morning air........

Happy cooking everyone.......Karen
Old 09-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

DH does nearly all the cooking...I wouldn't have married him if he didn't cook, since I'm not very fond of cooking. I do, I have to admit, do all the baking. The only times I ever cook is when he's too busy with work or if he's out of town.

He's very good at making his own versions of something just by tasting it or even seeing it made on tv. He doesn't follow recipes, ever! I also married him because he's an adventurous eater (therefore an adventurous cook as well); our favorite foods are ethnic cuisine and nouveau ethnic. My only wish is that he can cook as well as Morimoto on The Iron Chef!

My family, like GMC44's, also loves to eat his cooking. My mom thinks he can do anything just because he's a great cook; my sister teases him by calling him "He Who Walks On Water".

Find out more about autism at:
Autism Research Institute
Old 09-04-2002, 12:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi y'all..

If you or a relative or friend is diabetic, Better Homes and Gardens has a lot of recipes and help...

http://www.bhg.com

click on food
then scroll down to Healthy Eating and Special Needs
and click on Diabetic recipes

You can also sign up for a very nice newsletter.....

Jeannie
Old 09-05-2002, 05:04 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Like the others who have posted, my DH loves to cook. It's his way of relaxing after work; although some days I really do hate to wait until after 7 p.m. to eat (we are soooo continental then). He has always enjoyed cooking and I don't like to cook so the cook doesn't have to do the dishes in our house (some days I am really tired of dishes). We knew of each other when we were in high school (rival schools) and met formally in 1979. He has lived on his own since then and learned to take care of himself quite well. Nobody else was going to do his laundry, cook and clean for him and he still does his own laundry. We didn't marry until 1990 (didn't want to rush into anything) and now that we have a DS and DD I'm trying to impress upon him that they need to eat earlier then 7 p.m. but if dinner is late (he's kind of a workaholic also), I give the kids a snack because we feel that eating together is very important. Now I just have to get my DH to prepare meals a little less fattening and a little more healthful. Someday maybe. Take care. Ismemom
Old 09-05-2002, 12:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Janet....

Long story..short version....both my husband and I had bad marriages, not to each other..... We have know each other for 5 years.....we lived together almost 1 1/2 years and will be married
a year in December. We are not youngsters, we are in our early 60's......

But we have found each other and enjoy the same things....and we do sing and dance in the kitchen......and we do cook and bake together.....and he is retired now....and we are together 24/7..no problem. There is so much to do and see, so many places to go.
So much we wanted to do when we were younger and couldn't afford it or just obligations wouldn't allow.....We are mostly homebodies, but we can get up and go on a whim. We do and we have. *grins*

But we have a new home, a new car, besides 2 other vehicles,
a new dog.....and we are not accountable to anyone but each other....it really is a great way to spend the rest of what time God has allotted to us.

I am Italian. My husband is not. I grew up in a happy household where the kitchen and cooking was the center .....I can't recall people in the living room for very long....everyone congregated in the large farm type kitchen. Cooking was always made to be a source of pride and fun. I recall times as a little girl, at canning time, when aunts and uncles and the family gathered to help that there was always someone singing......and we'd chime in. I carried that over into my own home. My kids and their friends learned to cook in my kitchen....and we sang and had a general good time. I even taught these modern kids how to lindy and how to ballroom dance while waiting for things to rise, or bake or cook .....We made mistakes, but found a way to salvage most. If it was not salvagable, well there was always a way to make a quick dish of pasta! so you see, the kitchen is a good thing......( thanks for letting me imitate Marrrrtha! )
Old 09-06-2002, 10:41 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Does my husband cook? Yup!

He makes the greatest cinnamon buns and chocolate chip cookies. We forgot to put the cookies away overnight and the second day they were still better than any other cookies I've tasted.

His roasts are also great. Recipe? Nope. He shakes a bit of this and a bit of that onto the roast and tosses it into the oven and we eat like kings.

BBQ'ing is also something he's good at.

And whoever comes to our place for night gets treated to the breakfast of champions.

Our cooking styles are different, and our kitchen is small, so if he's in there, I give him space.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:13 PM
Nine Year Member

Home Made Pancakes

My DH loves to make pancakes. He is Diabetic so elimates sugar from his recipes. He does use DiabetiSweet instead but half what the recipe calls for. We use half self-rising flour & white whole wheat flour. He gets about 25 nice size pancakes from the batter. He individually wraps them then freezes them in a ziplock bag. Just pop them in the microwave for a minute to heat. One pancake keeps me full for hours. Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2002, 07:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Oh ladies ! I love it too when my hubby works on something in the kitchen . . . he also experiments with with spices as I keep quite a few on hand for my own cullinary pursuits . . .

Old 10-08-2002, 07:15 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I don't know if he LOVES to cook but he is a great cook. I cook most days but he normally makes Sunday breakfast and sometimes supper on Sunday. Its his only day off work so I think he figures he will give me a little break.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:00 AM
Assistant Moderator

As long as it is done on the bbq my dh will cook, so I love summer, but that is as far as it will go. I am teaching my boys to have a go at cooking so that they will be prepared in the future. I envy those ladies that have their men to help them in the kitchen I must admit dh is good at cleaning up, no matter who has made the mess.