Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Food > Around the Kitchen Table > Questions Over Coffee

Old 09-03-2002, 07:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes, Shawn, the food is HUMONGOUS!!!!!!!!

I don't think any one could possibly eat everything they are served. Is it expensive? because it seems you are getting enough for a family on one plate! That eclair looked soooooooo goooooood
Old 09-03-2002, 10:29 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn
Has anyone checked out the pictures from Harolds that I posted in my answer above?

Just wondering what you all think about the food size.

Okay, you inspired me. Take a look at the photo tour for Shadowbrook, the restaurant I mentioned above. You'll see what I'm talking about....

http://www.shadowbrook-capitola.com/Shadowbrook.html

- Henry Rowland
Old 09-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I am sorry to say I can't remember the name, but on the way home from our honeymoon 5 years ago dh and I stopped at a steak house in southern Oregon that was fabulous! It had authentic-type decor and even had rocky mountain oysters on the menu. (No, we couldn't get ourselves to try them!) The two of us ordered one HUGE steak which was done to absolute perfection. It came with the biggest baked potato I had ever seen. Between my dh and I we still did not finish the plate and the price was good too. The whole thing was an experience!
Old 09-05-2002, 07:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Favorite restaurant

My dh and my favorite restaurant has got to be Bucca de Beppo in Albany,NY. They have the best Italian food that we've ever tasted. Our first time we went we got a dinner for two and an order of garlic bread with cheese.
The bread was $9,but thought we'd try it. When the waiter was coming to our table we thought he had a pizza. This bread was the size of a 12in deep dish pizza and had slices of garlic
Everything is served family style and feeds about 3-4 adults. The meatballs are the size of softballs! They are a bit expensive,but you get a lot of food. If anyony leaves there hungry,there's something wrong with them
Old 09-06-2002, 11:34 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

A year and a half ago we vacationed in the Napa Valley area of California. (We're from Manitoba, Canada.) Our friends took us to Claim Jumpers. The food was absolutely fabulous and a lot of it. Not as much as at Harolds, but their carry-out bags were the size of paper grocery bags.

We took a slice of Mother Lode chocolate cake home. It was 6 layers of cake with delicious frosting in between the layers.

My husband and I shared the ribs and chicken meal. It was not only plentiful, but delicious.

Another place we went on the same vacation was the Napa Valley Wine Train. A travelling restaurant with awesome food.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Dallas, TX

Okay DFW foodies here is my local favs:

Italian: Patrizios. It is a little pricey but the food is well worth it. Best sun dried tomatoes in town.

Italian: Marcos in teh oaklawn district... Mmm complimentary garlic rolls to die for!!

Cajun: Razoos has the best rat toes (stuffed jalapenos) and the crawfish etoufee is the bomb.

More cajun: Gators in Allen has the freshest best alligator in town!

Mexican: Mias. Been open a million years downtown. Mmm have the jack hongos.

Burgers: Country Burger in Plano, TX.

Home cooking: Cracker Barrell.

TX Chef Fran
Old 06-28-2003, 10:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Txchef_fran
Mexican: Mias. Been open a million years downtown. Mmm have the jack hongos.

Home cooking: Cracker Barrell.
I love authentic Mexican food! What is "jack hongos" ?

Watch out at Cracker Barrel! I got food poisoning from their Spicy Grilled Catfish a couple of months ago! When I contacted them twice regarding my experience, they ignored me! Both times, I sent letters (with delivery confirmation) to both the local restaurant and to the home office! I also placed a complaint through planetfeedback.com which also got no response!

My fave vacation place is Cafe Rio (I think that is the name) in San Antonio. They have the absolute BEST mexican food! And their homemade salsa is..... well.... amazing! But, they won't let you take any salsa home with you!

My favorite local place is Logan's Roadhouse. I love their salads.
This is a small area and we don't have a lot to choose from!

Shawn - If I ever make it up to that area, I'll make sure to stop at that deli! I'll take my entire meal from a piece of that chocolate cake!
Old 06-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh yeah, Shawn, I saw those huge sandwiches, the lemon meringue pie and that Eclair! But, it was that slice (or should I say "hunk") of chocolate cake that really got my attention!!!

And who in the world could even take a bite out of that triple decker? You'd have to eat that layer by layer!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Some of the resturants you all listed sound really neat!

I have favorite resturants for different occasions!

romantic breakfast in the winter complete with fireplace "THE CRACKER BARREL"

family lunch out (lunch because it's cheaper) "RYANS"

DH and kids love "BURGER KING"

chinese food "THE CHINA BUFFET"

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 09-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This weekend we had dinner at one of our local Basque restaurants , "Woolgrowers." The food is served family style but you order your entree individually. Salad, beans, french bread, pasta, pickled tongue (which I passed on!!) and spumoni for dessert. I had the chicken for my entree and my husband had lamb.
This area has a lot of basque people and culture so we have, consequently, 3 very good basque restaurants in town!

We just recently got a Red Lobster in town. We havn't been yet, waiting for the newness of it to die down; the lines to eat there have been incredibly long! Must be a good restaurant!!!

Another of my fav places in town to eat is the "Burger Depot." It's an old Amtrak car made into a burger and milkshake place.
Well, it's Amtrak and you know my name so, enough said!!! LOL!!!!

peace,train