Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 07-31-2013, 04:03 AM
Head Moderator

Favorite restaurant?

What is your favorite restaurant and what is your favorite meal you like to eat there? Is the restaurant a local place or a chain restaurant? Do you have a copycat recipe for your favorite foods from there?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

There is just so much to choose from. I have a handful of local places I could never get tired of.

My favorite place to eat started out as a hole-in-the-wall place just near our local college. Nowadays they are franchising to help branch out. I knew the original owners of the establishment and miss them dearly. The place is called Fuzzy's Taco Shop.

Their grilled shrimp tacos and chips and queso are to die for. Everything on their menu is delicious! I wish I had a copycat recipe for their tacos. I know for sure it was feta cheese, cilantro, grilled shrimp, mixed shredded cheeses, and a secret garlic sauce. Delicious!

I can't think of a chain that's my favorite, I'll have to get back to you on that one!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
The Village in Auburn Maine( Italian) and The Clambake at Pine Point Maine(seafood).
Old 03-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

Now that I have moved to Maine, my favorite local restaurant is Krista's. It is a bit expensive but the food is amazing and the portions are huge. I had Filet Mignon the last time I was there and it was so good. I don't get to go there often for dinner but last weekend did go there for breakfast and had a Belgian waffle with real maple syrup. My favorite chain restaurant is either Outback Steak House or Chili's.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 03-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

My fave local place is Das Waldcafe which is
German and I always get their Goulash with spaetzle
and
RotKraut and their Hazelnut Cake every thing is made there
nothing ordered in or premade. Fave chain is Olive Garden
or IHOP
Old 03-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My very favorite is an old fashioned steak house Mr. Benny's in Mokena Il. There food is delish , the service is beyond wonderful C. It is the place for special occasions. I'm not big on chain restaurants but I do love Lone Stars cheeseburgers. For breakfast we go to a family owned dinner in the neighborhood, pancakes are wonderful

Old 03-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I would like to say Starbuck's is my favorite place, but it really isn't as much.

A co-worker of my husband's came to town last week, and took us to this place called Bobby's B-B-Q here in Arizona. It is a bit on the expensive side, but they have some of the most moist and delicious Filet Mignon I have tasted in a long time, and for the family who likes to eat spicy BBQ sauces the sauces come in none, mild, and woo hoo! They offer water, tea, coffee, drinks, and the friendliest caring employees
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 12-30-2015, 06:28 AM
Head Moderator

bump
Old 12-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Assistant Moderator

Since I posted about my favorite local restaurant, my favorite chain restaurant is Texas Road House. Their steaks are amazing!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 12-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sammi Our Roadhouse has the music so loud you cannot carry on a conversation. The music is blaring when you pull in the parking lot. I love a couple of our local places. Good prices , great soups & salads.