Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 11-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Costco/ Sams Club

Do you have a membership to Costco or Sams Club and do you use the store often?
What are your favorite buys there?

We don't belong but my parents have a Costco membership. They would take me there when we were feeding homeless people for good buys on vegies, BBQ sauce (for chicken), etc.
For Mark and I, I like to buy thier chineese chicken salad and brocolli salad.
Also LOVE their chocolate cake!! My brother says the homemade chicken pot pies are very good too!

hugs, train
Old 11-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I have a Sam's card.

I buy seedless cucumbers, kitty litter, rotisserie chicken, pork loins and some other meats. Occasionally I will buy snacks for lunches.

I also buy some books..etc there.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:23 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I have a Sam's Club and a BJ's card. The Sam's club card I ge free from the VFW to get food and soda for them. I have never used it for my personal stuff.

The BJ's card I get for $20 a year from work. I use it for my personal and the VFW stuff. When we had more kids at home we used it monthly to buy large quanity things. Now that we only have 1 kid at home we don't use it as much. Dh and I like to go and get their meats and fill the freezer every few months. I can get my paper products cheaper at Walmart. I use coupons when I am at these stores also.

Charlotte
Old 12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Head Moderator

I have a Sam's card and use it at least once a month. Now that I found one more in the area we now shop at it is close enough to even stop in for a few things that are a better price there. In fact this one is right next door to the wal-mart and across the street from a kroger and several other stores I shop at. I get lots of food products there, and cleaning supplies, office supplies, occasional clothing, vitamins and other personal needs, snacks, okay, just about everything! LOL
Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have both I like costco the best. Specialy the produce.

tree
Old 12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have a Sam's Club membership. but only use it a few times a year. We don't live close to a Sam's, but Dd has one where she goes to college. I usually make a couple of "big" trips a year stocking up on staples.
I do think you need to know your prices as not everything is really that great of a deal, while other things are real bargains.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Head Moderator

Do any of you find prices at Costco higher than Sams? I SIL has gone to Costco and told me she thought the prices were higher, but I wonder if it is just the items she buys workied out that way. Plus I have to look and see cost wise if it would pay me to have a membership at both places. Just wondering!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning all, I have all 3, Costco, BJ's & Sams. I have not been to BJ's in awhile as it is a bit further from where I live. I like BJ's as I can get my ground Bison there as well as other certain things and they take regular coupons not just their own as Sams and Costco do. Sams is the only one that carries the cappuchino that I like and Costco I prefer their Rotisouri chickens to either of the others or Wal-Mart. They each have things the others don't that I like to get so that is why I have all 3 cards. Like some one else said tho' I buy my paper products at Walmart or the commissary if I can get there.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: We live in Northwest Mississippe, very close to Memphis TN.
Hi, I have a Sam's card and I use it every month. We have three dogs and they love their dog treats. I get Pupparoni and Beggen Strips twice a month. I buy their French bread (6 in a package). I get my paper products there. TP, PT, Paper Plates and plastic freezer bags. We get laundry soap, softner and dishwasher detergent. We get most of our books there and some of our home office supplies. Printer cartridges are an excellent buy.

Having children is like being pecked to death
by a duck!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes getting your printers ink there is a big savings rather than Wal-Mart.