Did you crave certain foods when you were pregnant? - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 06-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

OMG some of those cravings are so funny!

When I was pregnant with my dd, I craved tangerines. I would buy huge packages of them and if I went to the store and saw they only had one package left I would freak out because I was afraid they would run out and not get anymore. I also craved hotdogs and for the life of me cannot imagine why as I have never liked hotdogs except when i was pregnant. I don't remember any particular cravings with my two dss except the hotdogs and candy - not chocolate candy just really surgery rot your teeth kind of candy like Nerds etc. That's funny, too, as I am not a big candy eater.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 06-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I had three cravings when I was pregnant. I craved Subway's seafood and crab subs, pizza, and McD's big macs. My son loves seafood and crab subs and pizzas now. Even at 10 he cant quite handle a big mac. He has trouble getting down a whole hamburger let alone 2 with toppings. lol I bet when he can he will love big macs too.

Tammy
Old 06-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemlynne
Sure did.

With dd it was ...pickled onions chopped with choc wedge icecreams ...... I kid you not!! And silver beet - as much as I could fit onto a dinner plate. At 1 stage it was also fresh peaches. I vomitted every day of that pregnancy.
OK Lynne, You win the prize for the most unusual cravings!!! ROFL!!! I cannot imagine tasting or even smelling the onion/ice cream combo.

What is silver beet?

I was so sick with my son for the first 3 months that I lost 10 lbs too.

Barbszy, I really never thought of my kids loving what I craved. My son likes p-nut butter but I can't say that he LOVES it.

Now, my DD on the other hand, LOVES orange juice!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzy46
Omg...I ate the wierdest thing with my son...I ate peanut butter with tomatoes and bannas with mayo sandwiches...was good back then but won't go near it now...

with dd, it was potato salad with strawberry ice cream

I had the dry heaves and morning sickness the whole 9 months with my son.
I didn't read down far enough but ditzy, you are right up there with Lynne for the strangest!!

Pnut butter and tomato??!!!?? Everyone thinks that my family is strange for eating pnut butter and onion sandwiches (MMMM!!) but your tomatoes top my onions!!

And potato salad with strawberry ice cream?? LOL!!!

Bunny, You too!!! OMG....Strawberries pickles and onions mixed together.

Isn't it funny how our tastes change during these times?

My Mom craved Eat N Park's cole slaw over French Fries and their Tartar sauce when she was pregnant with me. To this day, I love their cole slaw the best, along with their tartar sauce.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-30-2007, 06:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sammi, I forgot about hot dogs! With DS I really, really wanted hot dogs for about a month! I made DH drive all over the place to get me one, one weekend! But he cannot STAND those I think that's the only thing I craved that the kid who caused the craving didn't wind up liking.

I also wanted chocolate milkshakes with Big DS. Now THOSE, he loves
Old 06-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I had never been a steak eater, but craved steak. Still like it now. How about anybody blame their pregnancy for turning them off of a food? I used to really like candied carrots. When I was pregnant I would eat a bite or 2 then feel like gagging. Still can't eat more than a few bites & my ds is 8.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:53 AM
Assistant Moderator

MKS I didn't like hotdogs before I was pregnant, and am not fond of them now either but when I was pregnant I craved them! I do still like tangerines though. When pregnant I absolutely could not stand the smell of fried foods - fried anything. But now it doesn't bother me.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 06-30-2007, 02:55 PM

With dd1 I craved burritos, she loves spicy foods.
With ds it was watermelon, he loves watermelon.
No cravings with dd2 or dd3.

But now when I say I want pickles, dh gives me a look that says, on no, please not another one. LOL. Then I laugh and say while your at it get me some strawberries too. Then he knows I'm kidding. Thats our inside joke.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

The smell of oatmeal and anything cooked on the BBQ used to make me sick...

When my daughter was pregnant with her daughter she craved Garlic Dill Pickles dipped in Cool Whip...ew...I told her that was gross,she just laughed...When she was pregnant with her son it was Fried Liver and Onions smothered in Ketchup...another ew gross...
Old 07-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I had morning sickness with all four, but no food cravings with any of them. With the first I did crave chewing ice cubes, and since, learned it was due to not enough iron in my system, although I had been put on iron tablets then.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.