Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 05-31-2005, 03:40 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Breakfast in the morning!

Are you able to eat breakfast when you first get up in the morning or do you have to wait a little while first?

I usually cannot stomach eating breakfast first thing in the morning when I wake up. I usually have to wait a couple hours.
I can tolerate coffeee but that is about it.

To have a friend, u must be a friend!!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 07:13 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Jen

I am the same way. Only coffee. My boys on the other hand want to eat when their feet hit the floor.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Same here. I have to be up for atleast an hour before I am hungry. But after that, I am hungry the rest of the day!!

My dh eats as soon as he is out of bed, just the opposite of me.

hugs,train
Old 06-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Nine Year Member

I have to eat as soon as I wake up especially when I smell the coffee. I always have a whole wheat pancake for breakfast, juice and coffee. This holds me until lunch.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I am so glad that I am not the only one who cannot eat breakfast when I first wake up. My DH tells me that it is unhealthy, but I just cannot eat. I love breakfast foods like bacon, eggs, etc... However, I am not hungry until about 10am, no matter what time I get up.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'm right up there with you ladies, I definately cannot tolerate food first thing in the am. Since some of my meds must be taken with food or shortly there after, I drink a carnation instant breakfast or make a fruit smoothie (I have to be at my desk before 6am) and then I munch every hour or so if I get the hungries, but generally a little snack will hold me to lunch.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My hubby, son #2 and I cannot eat breakfast until we have been up a while. Coffee for us, milk for my son. But my daughter and son # 1 usually always want something to eat as soon as they get up so they usually get cereal or cinnamon toast until around 9:00 or 10:00 when I will fix bacon, eggs, biscuits etc.. It is a problem during the school year though cause my middle son doesn't get anything to eat until lunch cause he just won't eat breakfast and he doesn't like those carnation drinks. I feel so terrible knowing he is waiting so long to eat anything. But the boys have to get up at 5:45 for school and leave the house by 6:45, Lacy has to get up at 5:30 and be at the bus stop by 6:15 and I just can't get Matt to eat that early.

mouse
Old 06-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I get up real early, 4:30, and usually am not very hungry but it is easier to eat breakfast at home than try to take something to fix at work. I usually just have oatmeal or dry cereal and a banana with a glass of fruit juice. Then I snack on rice cakes or granola bars at work and have lunch at 11:00 a.m. Then have an early dinner when I get home. It actually works out better for me and I eat less when I start earlier.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

When I worked I always ate breakfast, mostly because I had to. I couldn't wait until lunch. Now that I'm always home I just can't eat right away, no matter what time I get up, so I wait until I feel like eating. After I drink my coffee I know I can wait a long time, and some days I forget and soon it's noon. This is not good, and I know it, but it's a pattern I've developed and can't shake.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Breakfast? What's that? I barely have time to get ready and get my boys ready much less time for Breakfast. Thank goodness for my mother who feeds my boys.