Brand Name Foods - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 04-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Splenda. I really like Ro-tel stewed tomatoes. Diet Rite soda (don't like aspartame). The only tea I buy is Celestial Seasonings.

Hellman's and Best Foods are the same product on different sides of the Mississippi. I don't like sweet mayonnaise, and prefer Hellman's or Duke's (a southern brand, it is sugar-free). I do a lot of couponing, so use mostly name brands. But some, the generic is fine.. I go for the most frugal. Some stuff I wouldn't touch generic: coffee, ketchup, zip-lock bags, artificial sweetener.

Rani
Old 04-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My brand name would have to be Folgers Coffee, Lipton Tea and Heinz Ketchup, I found out only Kraft Mac and Cheese, Kraft Mircale Whip, Showboat Pork and Beans and Bush's Bake Beans. As far as any thing else I think I could stay generic. IT'S CHEAPER....

Hugs, Becky
Old 04-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We like Community Coffee's Cafe Special.... Hunt's ketchup...
King Arthur or Dakota Maid flour for baking bread...butter is whatever is on sale and AA grade... I look more for grade....
must have Bush's beans.....It depends on what we are buying...
I have my favorites... Frozen veggies have been good overall...picksweet is a nice brand...cheaper than Birdseye, but just as good... it has to be DelMonte creamed corn for us....

As for ice cream.. Blue belle homemade vanilla, Hagen Daz coffee ice cream, Dryers mocha almond chip.....it depends on the flavors.... Promised Land milk is a must!... If we ever move from here I am going to be in big trouble...*L*

I must have KC Masterpiece Original to make my brisket...( Ask Abear how the brisket is.....*g*)

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 04-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Heinz ketchup for me too (though I'm not much of a ketchup eater)...Frank's hot sauce, Cottonelle or Angel Soft toilet paper, Hellman's mayo, prefer King Arthur flour for baking...that's all I can think of right now. We're not too picky.

~Melanie
Old 04-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Wait, wait - thought of one more!

I also buy Dunkin' Donuts coffee beans; that's our favorite coffee.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mellllllllllllanie!! I can't get Dunkin' Donuts here....

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 04-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I forgot, we are Angel Soft t-paper users too.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Post Brand Name Foods

Unfortionately I can only buy certain foods by brand name. Not because they are my favorite (well in a way they are)But simply because I am allergic to any form of Sulfite, Sulfate, Sulfonamides and Sulfa. I have a real problem with eating foods that have any one of those items. I would eat geneic in just about anything If I could. I buy generic for my family and Name brand for myself.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: Brand Name Foods

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatvany
Unfortionately I can only buy certain foods by brand name. Not because they are my favorite (well in a way they are)But simply because I am allergic to any form of Sulfite, Sulfate, Sulfonamides and Sulfa. I have a real problem with eating foods that have any one of those items. I would eat geneic in just about anything If I could. I buy generic for my family and Name brand for myself.
Do you mind if I ask you a question? My husband is allergic to Sulfa based drugs, if he uses them he gets hives. It is an allergy he only acquired after he became an adult. Are you also allergic to Sulfa based medication? Dh gets bad acne breakouts with certain foods but not sure which ones, we were just curious if allergy to Sulfa drugs also transitions into a reaction against sulfa in foods? We thought maybe his breakouts are a reaction to sulfa in foods.TIA

Shelli
Old 04-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannie
I must have KC Masterpiece Original to make my brisket...( Ask Abear how the brisket is.....*g*)

To anyone who has not tried Jeannie's brisket recipe - well, let's just say you'd want to knock your own Mother out of the way to get at a slice of that brisket!! (now my mouth is watering for some!)

Here's the link to her amazingly delicious brisket recipe:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...3770#post73770

Quote:
Originally posted by ajrsmom
I forgot, we are Angel Soft t-paper users too.

That is what I bought until we moved here. Now it is only Scott t.p. because of having the septic tank.

Quote:
Originally posted by laceykat
Dh gets bad acne breakouts with certain foods but not sure which ones, we were just curious if allergy to Sulfa drugs also transitions into a reaction against sulfa in foods? We thought maybe his breakouts are a reaction to sulfa in foods.

Though it may not be the same in all people, my older sister has a severe (septic) allergy to Sulfa drugs and eats anything she wants without problems.