Breakfast

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • What do you usually eat for breakfast?

hugs,train
  • I am not a "breakfast" person...neither is DD or DS #2. On the other hand, DH & DS #1 love to eat breakfast.

When DD, DS # 2 and I HAVE to eat breakfast, we don't go for the usual breakfast foods. Before school, DS # 2 usually requests, PBJ, grilled cheese, soft tacos, mac & cheese with a piece of fruit, etc...... Very seldom will he ask for cereal.

When DD & I have to eat breakfast, we usually go for supper leftovers. In the winter, DD especially loves leftover gumbo or homemade soup for breakfast! Another one of her faves for breakfast is leftover hot wings with a garden salad.

DH & DS #1 usually eat the usual breakfast foods...eggs, toast, muffins, cereal, bagles, biscuits.........
  • I never have the same breakfasts.....sometimes cream of wheat, oatmeal, waffles or toast. Lately I have been on a cinnamon toast kick. I just got a big bag of grapefruit from a tree in our alley so will be eating them. I like prunes, too. I eat cereal mostly, eggs sometimes and pancakes/french toast once in awhile. I guess the only breakfast food I do not like is grits.

hugs,train
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by trainlady
    sometimes cream of wheat, oatmeal, waffles or toast. Lately I have been on a cinnamon toast kick. I just got a big bag of grapefruit from a tree in our alley so will be eating them. I like prunes, too. I eat cereal mostly, eggs sometimes and pancakes/french toast once in awhile. I guess the only breakfast food I do not like is grits.

I like pancakes for supper but not really for breakfast.

DON'T like cream of wheat, oatmeal or grits......don't like the way they feel in my mouth. Just can't stand the texture of hot cereals.

I've never had waffles, cinnamon toast or french toast.

Growing up, breakfasts in our house was eggs, bacon & homemade biscuits or homemade biscuits & cream gravy or cereal. Sometimes, on the weekends, my Mom would make pancakes for breakfast....I'd eat cereal instead.

What kind of grapefuit? The only kind I've ever eaten are Texas Ruby Reds. I like to peel them and eat them like most people eat an orange.
  • I always eat breakfast as soon as I get up. Lately been having homemade fozen pancakes. My Dh makes about 25 nice size pancakes with whole wheat and oat bran in the batter. We freeze them up and heat in the microwave for a minute. They are so filling holds me for a few hours especially if I eat two. Love to put tupelo honey instead of syrup. It is sweeter than regular honey but better to digest. Been squeezing my own oranges from my tree. Cannot eat grapefruits since I am on Zocor for cholesterol. I do have a large Ruby Red Grapefruit tree that is loaded with fruit. Bring them to the Club House for everyone to enjoy. The price of grapefruits are so high hate to see them go to waste.
    The temperatures here are a little cooler now in the morning so I like something hot. Still a few red roses growing on the side of the house looks so pretty.
    ________
    Sueanne

• Quote:
    Originally posted by Sueanne
    Been squeezing my own oranges from my tree. Cannot eat grapefruits since I am on Zocor for cholesterol.
    You can have oranges but not grapefuits??
  • Cindy, well come on over and I will make you a big plate of french toast and bacon!!! We will skip the grits though, because, I agree, those are gross!! I like the Ruby Red grapefruit too but need lots of sugar!!

Sueanne, could I have the recipe for your pancakes?

hugs,train
  • Ditto on the recipe!It sounds soo goood... I love oatmeal blender pancakes but my kids know they are good for them... and complain....

• We make fruit smoothies or mealshakes very often. My kids love grits with real butter. (we make our own once in a while)
    We also like waffles and pancakes but usually have the wholegrain kind. My kids like warm cooked apples with cinnamon toast on the side. In a bind we have granola or other healthy cereal. We don't do the over sweetend ot marshmallow cereals.
    Have you ever tried Ezekiel Breads? They offer a healthy and tasty choice to breads.
    My kids also like cheese toast.
    Robin in NC
  • I am not a breakfast person either...i usually dont eat anything,.but i have heard this is really bad to do.
    So I have been trying to eat a peice of toast or cereal.

My fave thing to eat thou is My moms breakfast gravy! YUM
    Its the bestest thing!lol