Breakfast

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Breakfast
    Wow guys I love grits and agree don't think it taste anything like either hominy or corn and I also like both of them. I eat grits with any of the following, sugar & milk: salt, pepper & butter: gravy: cheese or with fish yes fish lol.

Happy New Year all
  • I dont care for either one...but thats just me..I guess u have to have a taste for that type of thing!

HAPPY NEW YR LADIES!
  • Breakfast
    I also think you have to have a taste for grits. Like anchovies NO way will you find me eating them lol.

Happy New Year all
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by redcardinalbird
    Abear - I have to laugh as I love corn and like grits but hominy is not my favorite.
    I like both corn & hominy but you'll NOT find me eating grits! Like oatmeal, I don't like the taste but especially hate the way the texture of them feel in my mouth.

The only thing you'll see me doing with grits is killing ants!
  • Breakfast
    The poor grits. Love oatmeal too, likewise cream of rice, wheat and farina.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Abear
    The only thing you'll see me doing with grits is killing ants!
    You can kill ants with grits? How?! LOL
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by MomsMenu
    You can kill ants with grits? How?!
    Pour regular grits, not the instant stuff, around the base of the ant mound during dry weather. When the ants eat the grits, they swell up in them and kill them. Works wonderfully on the ants around here...and we fight them year round! If the little things couldn't come from other people's property onto ours, I know we'd be ant-free by now!
  • Aha, makes sense!

Isn't it a pain when critters migrate from another's yard?! We are having the same problem with moles...think the grits would work with them?
  • Breakfast
    Don't see why it would not work on moles. I have also heard that gum preferably Juicy Fruit does the same to them. Good luck
  • Thanks Patti

I'll first try the grits and then the Juicy Fruit...let's hope they don't start blowing bubbles all over our front yard...

Okay, too silly, I know. I need that second cup of coffee this morning!