Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 07-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
We also recently started playing the high low game during dinner, I figure now is a good time to start that.

What is that????

We eat at our table as much as possible but especially when DH is home.

Sometimes, when DH is gone for extended periods, I do let things (receipts, mail, etc...) collect at his end of the table. ;-) ;-)
Old 07-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Nine Year Member

Kitchen Table

Many new houses today don't have room for a large kitchen table. I was lucky to be able to change the plans to make the kitchen larger. Now we eat all our meals at the table instead of a counter with stools. I like to use a table cloth that i can change with the seasons. Love pretty dishes too. Have a big glass cutting board that I leave on the table to lay all the hot serving dishes. Also a great place for cutting bread and vegetable. It is so easy to clean. Eating in the kitchen keeps the rest of the house cleaner too. Cleanups after dinner is easier too.

Most of my bill paying is done on the dinning room table. With the sun tube light in the ceiling can read better.
All Holiday meals and company get togethers is always at the dinning room table everyone feels special. Have special dishes just for the dinning room eating.

The back porch table is great for reading the newspaper and cutting coupons. Hate getting printers ink on tablecloths. My Dh likes to cook his pancakes on a griddle on the porch table. Plenty of room to lay the bowl and tray for pancakes. It is pretty hot here in Florida at this time of the year to stay in the outdoor porch during the day. The rest of the time it is great.

If you all can bring the family back to the kitchen they will enjoy their meals more and not rush through it. Children learn from example what their family likes to eat.
_________
Sueanne

Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

First............go back and read the article on the first page of this thread......

Now, I really like the "ideal" of that article and most of the time, I can say it is reality.
We actually use our kitchen table and it is the heart of our home. (Well, MY ideal, Mark probably doesn't give it much thought!!)

But, right NOW you should see my kitchen table but you CAN'T with all the stuff stacked on it!!!!!

It is not narmally this way but since I have been sick, mind you since December 26th,........... well, my house looks it!

I like to have the table cleared off with just the placemats, napkin holder and S and P shakers, clean for the next meal..........you know! Our kitchen table sits right next to the window overlooking the bird and hummer feeders in the back yard.

Well, since I have been sick, Mark, bless his heart, he tries. He really does and I give him credit for that.
But, the table is piled with things I would have put away.........mail, newsppers, pans and dishes that (he didn't know where they belonged!!!!)
etc,,,,etc....etc......

Do you have the ideal kitchen table like described on the first thread of this post or is yours in dissaray too?

hugs, train
Old 02-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My dh and I eat at the table every meal we eat together. It is either the kitchen table or the dining room table because the way the house is set up the dining room is right off the kitchen, and the dining room has a brighter light. Though the kitchen table has better scenery come the spring when I can look out and see all the flowers and the pretty pink dogwood tree in bloom. I love to sit in at the kitchen table and look out the window.
One night dh and I did sit in front of the tv in the living room and have a dinner. It was okay, because I wanted to watch a particular program on tv, but we have not done it again. I think we both prefer to set the table and sit down together at the end of the day and talk over dinner. We shut the tv off during dinner so that we can talk.
When we have people over for cards or board games it is always at the dining room table because that holds eight people where our kitchen table is much smaller and can sit two comfortably and a third is squishy. Though the kitchen is definitely the heart of our home.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Right now our kitchen has a blackberry pie, fresh from the oven, cooling on it!!!!!
I love Sunday Pie Day!!!

hugs, train
Old 08-18-2016, 03:40 AM
Head Moderator

bump