Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Food > Around the Kitchen Table > Questions Over Coffee

Old 05-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Favorite local restaurants

What is your favorite local (not a chain) restaurant where you live? What do you like to eat there?

In Bakersfield we have a lot of basque restaurants and my favorite one is "Woolgrowers." I like their porkchops, salad, cabbage soup and beans.

hugs,train
Old 06-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Another local restaurant I like is actually more a soda fountain, but is still one of my local favorites!!
Remember the old Woolworths stores? Though the stores themselves went bankrupt years ago, our building is still open as an antiques mall................and inside the soda fountain is open for lunch!!!
It's my fav place to go when I am craving a big juicy cheeseburger and a milkshake!!!! I love the memories it brings of shopping at Woolworth's with my grandma when I was a little girl!!!

What is your favorite local restaurant!!??

hugs,train
Old 12-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bump!!!

What is your favorite local resturant?

hugs,train
Old 12-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Clifton's Pizza - Their pizza is really really good.

WW Cousins - a good hamburger with a huge fixins bar. The onion rings are also great.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 01-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Face Local Restaurant

First time on this thread for me. I have a fave here not to far from me.

It is called Das WaldCafe which is I am sure you know German. The place is VERY homey and food super great. I have known the owners since some time in late 60's.

My fave dish there is Hungarian Goulasch, and the meat is very tender NO fat and just spicy enough, I have it with spaetzla and either Rotkraut, or German Potato Salad and their rolls which for the life of me can not think of what they are called. And ice tea sometimes have the Hazelnut Cake. Everything is done on the premises and all from scratch. VERY good.

Happy New Year everyone
Old 01-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Can't believe I forgot one. It was just on the news as she has a pajama party every New Years Day. It is Lynn's Paradise Cafe. She loves the unique and unusual. She sponsers an "Ugly Lamp Contest" each year at the state fair and you can find the lamps that no one wants to take home at her restraurant. She has corn mosaics plus much more. The food is great and pleantiful. She was also written up in Southern Living.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 01-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I love a good Mexican food restaurant, and there are almost too many to name here in Houston. My favorite one close to my house is a little family-owned place called Los Ramirez. Their fajita marinade has lots of lime and onion and it's really good. They also make a Burrito Texano that is filled with fajita beef, taco meat, chorizo (Mexican sausage) and chopped ham that is out of this world. It's big enough for me to eat some at three meals, especially since it comes with rice and beans!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Patti,
You've made me very hungry for goulash!!!!

We have a german restuarant here in town but I havn't been there in ages!!

My dad used to work at a german Restaurant in Milwaukee called Mader's where he said had the best bratwurst and kraut he ever had in his life!!

hugs,train
Old 01-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

It is about time Susie and I went back to Das Waldcafe too it has been awhile. The last 2 times we have been out to eat it was to Olive Garden which we also like very much.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have two favorite resturants the first is only open for about 4 months out of the year. That is Rudy's better known as the Loop they are a fish store. Growing up it was always a treat to go there for dinner or lunch. It still is a treat for me to go get my first fish sandwich everyyear when they are open. This place is always busy when they are open but well worth the wait. Now every year my kids are always asking when were going to go to the loop to eat

The second is Sweet Insperations they are also normally open a few months a year but they opened early this year. This started out as a icecream shop many years ago and now is a 50's style resturant that sells alot of different foods burgers hotdogs fish and things like that I love to go there and get a Texas hot and fried clams. The kids love to go there and get icecream. It is about one of the only places around here to get good icecream other than carvels. During the summer months they have a couple of sock hops a year and also cruise night every weekend. The kids love to go and look at the cars.