Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 04-28-2004, 08:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Nutritional Superstars

How well do you rate with eating these "nutritional superstars" on a daily or weekly basis?

Tomatoes, brocolli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, spinach, brussel sprouts, garlic, onions, oats, DARK CHOCOLATE!!, red grapes, cantaloupe, citrus fruits, all berries, watermelon, salmon, tuna, dark leafy greens, carrots, peppers, kiwis, green tea and plain old water......
HOW WELL DO YOU DO???

I think I do well to eat a 2 or 3 vegies a day but knowing the quota is 5 or 6, along 3 to 7 fruits, I guess I really don't.
I definitely do not get enough fiber and I have a huge sweet tooth.
I like everything above except for peppers (hot) and I don't drink tea.

hugs,train
Old 04-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I love all of the above!! Although I no longer eat any kind of potatoes or almost any of the fruit--yet--Im starting to add some berried back into my meals, no carrots, grapes or oats anymore either.

I eat enough salads that you could probably confuse me for a bunny sometimes!!

I love veggies.....especially grilled. MMMM!!

I do drink decaf. coffee and tea ( Usually only one cup a day) plus I drink herbal tea too.

And yes, occasionally I eat a ZCarb bar which low carb dark choc bar. ;-)

I have learned to drink a lot of water too!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I love vegetables but have never had them grilled!!! Do you put them in the oven or outside on the grill? Do you add any oil or seasoning, or anything to them?? I would like to try them, sounds good!!

hugs,train
Old 05-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by trainlady
I love vegetables but have never had them grilled!!! Do you put them in the oven or outside on the grill? Do you add any oil or seasoning, or anything to them?? I would like to try them, sounds good!!
There is a recipe in the Low Carb section of the recipe exchange.

Here's the link:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...threadid=10492
Old 05-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I love to grill mine outside. I bought a grill tray so that nothing falls down into the grate. Sometimes I put olive oil and seasonings on them, then sometimes I use a marinade on them.

I love onions,zucchinni, squash, mushrooms, & green peppers. Also grilled asparagus and eggplant. Heck Ill grill any leftover veggies, LOL!

Ive made grilled corn on the cob but I must do something wrong when cooking it because it doesnt turn out good at all.

If the weather is bad and I cant use the outdoor grill, then I usually use the broiler. I also use my George Foreman grill to do onions, eggplant zuchinni and squash---things that will lay flat--mushrooms if you slice them too.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

ajrsmom and abear, Thanks for the info on the grilled vegies...........I wil have to give them a try!!

hugs,train
Old 06-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I had grilled peppers and zucchini for the first time and Abear and Ajrsmom....you have me hooked!!!!
I had honestly never even HEARD of grilling vegetables!!!!
Oh, the sheltered life I live!! LOL!!!!!

I have been doing especially good this spring with eating lots of fruits and vegies!
With all that is in season now at the Farmers Market, it is not hard to do!
I cut a cantaloupe in half and fill it with jello and, after it sets, have that with a scoop of cottage cheese on the side!!!
Yummy!!!!
And springtime snap peas.....and aspargus....can hardly wait for the summer corn and peaches!!!

I still have difficulty drinking just plain water, I much prefer soda, to the point I am addicted.

I read on another thread, I think it was you Abear but I am not certain, that you drink 80 ounces of water a day!! Oh man, I would live in the bathroom!!! How in the world do you get that much water down!!??

I have started limiting my sugar intake though andfor me: that in itself, is a miracle!!!
I am determined to lose 20 more pounds.

hugs,train
Old 07-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by trainlady
I read on another thread, I think it was you Abear but I am not certain, that you drink 80 ounces of water a day!! Oh man, I would live in the bathroom!!! How in the world do you get that much water down!!??

I got hooked on water when I was pregnant with DS # 1. I went into labor at 26 weeks. Water helps slow/stop contractions. So, they had me drinking 8 ounces of water PER HOUR during my waking hours!!! That was along with the medication and ordered bed rest. (how do you stay on bedrest when you spend most of your time in the bathroom?!)

After DS was born, my body just seemed to continue to want/need water!

As soon as I come out of my bedroom in the morning, I head to the kitchen and drink a minimum of 10 oz. water. (1/2 of a 20 oz. bottle) I just continue to drink during the day. I drink water with most of my meals. Sometimes I'll have iced tea with a meal but that is seldom.

Also, do you now that sometimes when you think you're hungry, it is actually water that your body is asking for?? So, next time you feel hungry, drink a glass of water instead!! ;-)

If you just drink water without trying to force it down or, you'll be surprised at how much you can drink.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

That is just something I am not very good at. I tend to crave soda and tea but not water. I try every once once in awhile but then fall back to my old habits!!!

hugs,train