Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Just a suggestion......

While posting hints & tips are great, be careful not to reveal everything that you do. Let everyone be creative in their own ways.........

or you might give yourself away to your Secret Sister or future SS.

I have learned that we have some very smart ladies in this club and they pick up on everything. LOL!!!

Too much can give you away!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM

Good suggestion Tami. Some of the ladies are very sneaky, but also smart. I think they are detectives in disguise.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Assistant Moderator

one suggestions I would make is if you are setting up a new email account, send a email to yourself to see if it gives out your name before you use it for your ss. If it has your name on it it gives you away.... da, that how my ss found me out. I send her 1 email and blew it. LOL but she was kind enought to stay quite about it.

If she uses your fake email address to send you a email, don't send back on another email to give yourself away, this has happen to a few ladies in the past.

If your ss ask if you are ( you fill in the blank) don't amuse she knows for sure, she could be tricky you to give away who you are, as this has happen before too.

Make sure even if you drop out of the club and your ss is late in getting you something, please make sure you come back to let her know you received it. As some has not and this really worries some as they never know if thier mail was received or not.

If I can think of anything else I'll let you know.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This is a very good Idea

Old 07-28-2007, 02:42 PM

Heres a tip for some that may be new to the club-
I bought a smal journal type book.
At the top of the page I'll write ...
AUGUST SECRET SISTER 2007 (or whatever month we are in)
Then I list...
name-
address-
username-
email address-
anniv.-
bday-
and so on with all of her info that I have been given.
On the back of this page I write
What I received this month-AUGUST 2007
and I list ecards, snailmail,. email, etc.
I keep track of everything for SS this way. I also take note if there is a site I never saw before.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coll
Heres a tip for some that may be new to the club-
I bought a smal journal type book.
At the top of the page I'll write ...
AUGUST SECRET SISTER 2007 (or whatever month we are in)
Then I list...
name-
address-
username-
email address-
anniv.-
bday-
and so on with all of her info that I have been given.
On the back of this page I write
What I received this month-AUGUST 2007
and I list ecards, snailmail,. email, etc.
I keep track of everything for SS this way. I also take note if there is a site I never saw before.

This is an EXCELLENT tip!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Does anyone have a suggestion so that our SSs will answer emails or post on the threads when they receive a snail mail card or ecard? It would be nice to know if a SS is receiving her cards and things. I would hate to find out that she has been neglected by me. I had some problems this month with an ecard company. I don't know if they were even sent. I ended up changing companies so that I could make sure they were sent and opened.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 AM

The only rule for this that I found is that we are to post once a week that we have received something such as emails, ecards, etc.

I personally try to thank my sister each time something is received.

Here's another suggestion...
If you receive several ecards/emails in one day, write down your thoughts on each one. When you go to the thansk youthread that your sister for each one, ex.-
Thank you for the butterfly card, the angel card and the puzzle.
Then on the chit chat, you can answer any questions she may have asked on each one, ex.-
The butterfly card was beautiful. I apprecaite youasking about my family. I have 4 kids, pets, etc.

I enjoy hearing from the sister that I send to. Even if it is just a quick thanks every day or two.

Any other suggestions? Please add them here.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Coll, I agree that it should be once a week. But, some people don't do it that often, if at all. However, most SSs are really good about letting me know when they get things so that I know they are getting them.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Assistant Moderator

Debora, make sure if you are having this kind of praoblems get hold of me or Tami where we can try to get hold of your ss for you to find this out. We are here to help.
Also on your questionaire please make sure we are aware that she didn't post on the Thank you thread, for this is stuff we need to know and we do not always have time to check on that thread to see if it is being done.

Coll you have had some great ideas, by the way I love your byline in your sig. line.

I have use my notepad in my computer to write commints when I can't make it to the the thank you thread on a daily basis to remember and know what I would want to write to her. It sure does help me.

Another suggest if you can recall who you have which is one of the rules we have asked that you write down who you had each month, then on the months we have that we do not do the SS which is in June and Dec. then you could send her ecards as a token of what she done for you.

YOu may also want to set up several email address, I know I do, and I try to alter them when I have had a person in the past as a ss that I can do her again withoiut giving myself away or at least try not to give myself away. LOL

another suggestion, do your very best in not signing your real name to the ecards or email you may send out.
If case you did, don't panic just the next month do another name.

For example we had a wonderful ss that has passed away now but her name was Breezy
she wrote her name down as Breezy, I remember how she panic, and asked me what to do, My suggestion to her was next month called yourself Windy, or Sunny or something and I believe that is what she did.

Make sure if you are going away you let Tami or myself know you are... then that way if a SS asked us if thier ss is alright for they not heard from them, we are aware already that you are away from your computer.

How many of you know how to do a search for where your ss has post or more about her? For she may be a collector of things and posted on that site telling what she collects but may not have put it in her profile.
Or you can go and see what she may have said on the friendship thread a thread you don't post on but find out how she doing to know what kind of ecard to send her.
there all kinds of ways to be sneaky.

Also there has been ladies that has send a snail mail card to someone else to send out for them..