Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Assistant Moderator

was given these links to post:

http://www.perfectgreetings.com/
this site has has humor, hello's, games, thank you's, Religious,Celebrations along with other kinds

http://www.tcastle.com/greetings/

also a note for you

July 12-18 is HUG WEEK

so make sure you give your secret sister a big hug during the week. a extra ecard, extra note... extra postcard if they collect postcards... just let them know you are giving them a hug.

Last edited by bar_bar; 01-07-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

BARBAR

Don't know if this link has been listed, but it has some really cute things on it...... ((Hugs!)) Bett

http://www.graphicgarden.com/

Old 07-25-2004, 12:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

thanks

the ideas and links should help me if i get my 25 posts today and can be a ss too!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

This isn't a link unless you want to click the PM button under my post!!!

I am starting something for myself and I am hoping ya'll will like this idea too. Each SS that I get to spoil, I am going to send them a silver or peuter charm that depicts something where I live. Like we are an agricultural state. Apples for sure and cherries and of course Wineries. So....I couldn't find a charm for apples but my SS Bettdev is going to get a peuter charm of a wine bottle with grape clusters around it. Because I am from wine-country...I thought that would go well! Am curious as to what ya'll think of this idea. I want a bracelet full of charms too! Don't you think it would be awesome to wear it and tell about the person who gave each of those to you?

okay! fire away back at me! I can take the criticism....usually!;-)
Old 07-31-2004, 02:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

That's a cool idea--but I have NO clue where to get any charms about my state....
That said, I think it would be great to find some way to send my secret sister a "local-oriented" gift of some kind.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I know that each city/town must have a small gift shop of some kind - even a Hallmark store - that may carry the charms. I think it would be a nice idea as something for your reveal.

I, personally don't wear a charm bracelet, but I have a piece of monofilament, fishing line, strung up between 2 nails with lots of things hanging from it, on the wall near my desk. It would be cool to add charms or other dangly things from it. I'll post a pic of my creation as soon as I can wrestle the digital camera away from my son.

I could add some clips to it and hang pics from it, too. I think I'll start with those from the ASS swimming pool where poor Lynette lost her top!

Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:26 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sharon...you're too funny!

Barbszy, I just got mine from the craft store. I just looked through the charms there and found this one and I was really looking for an apple or cherries because those are what this valley had been famous for for years. So just look at Wal-mart, craft stores etc at charms and just fine something that might have something to do with your state. Wisconsin might be a wedge of swiss cheese (just saw one) etc. Doesn't HAVE to say your state. Does that make sense? I haven't had my coffee yet!!!;-)
Old 07-31-2004, 07:58 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Could I make a suggestion, though? I mean, could the charm be of your state, OR just something that represents yourself to your secret sister? Say for instance you farm, then you could send a little tractor charm, or whatever.... whataya think?

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 07-31-2004, 08:03 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey! That is even better Tasha!! I like that idea. Something representative to you OR where you live!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:05 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good, I am off to Ebay to shop! Look at you just justifying my bad habits!

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~