Question & Answers about the Secret Sister Club - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Question & Answers about the Secret Sister Club

Here I will be posting some of the most frequently asked questions and answers pertaining to the Secret Sister Club.

If you have any questions, Here is the place to post them. We will be checking this thread daily to make sure that your questions are being answered.

You can still email or PM Barb or myself at any time.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Why Must I Have 25 Posts In Order To partcipate?

Barb did a great job of explaining that we do it for security reasons. Although 25 posts isn't a lot, It lets us see that members really are interested in what is going on at Family Corner and not just using this as a way to get other info.

Why Must We Send One Gift Via Snail Mail?

The basis behind most Secret Sister Clubs is that they exchange small gifts, not just email. While we understand that it could get expensive, we dont require that you send anything big....A postcard, greeting card, a handwritten note or anything just to let them know that you are thinking about them is all that is required once a month. After that, you can email, send e-cards, poems, make phone calls or anything else that you can think of. While there will be some that will send more gifts than others, its not the amount that you spend that matters, it's the thought that counts.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 06-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Assistant Moderator

Please read what Tami wrote... this will help you out... as I know you will have questions as time goes on.

we have these threads to make it more organized and to be able to help you better.
so please try to use the right thread.

thank you
Bar Bar
Old 06-14-2004, 06:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

These Are The Questions That Need To Be Answered When You Mail In Your Information To Join The Club

To become a Secret Sister, You must have at least 25 posts on the FamilyCorner.com message board. To join the club, please send an email to Barb (bar_bar) containing the following information:

Your name & username on FC
Address
Phone -- this is optional
Email address
Birthday
Anniversaries

Plus any other information about you and your hobbies, interests or favorite things. The more you tell us, the more we can pass along to your Secret Sister!

*** You can personalize this information as much as you would like!! Tell us about your favorite color, favorite scent, your decorating style, whether or not you own pets, a favorite flower....you get the idea. Use your imagination to describe yourself to us!!

You can make changes to your info. at any time by emailing Barb with an update. Please include a note telling her that you are sending an update to your file that already exists. Thanks, Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 06-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

HOW WOULD I BE ABLE TO SEND MY SECRET SISTER E-MAILS AND E-CARDS WITHOUT HER KNOWING MY IDENTITY? MY E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE MY NAME ON THEM?

There are a couple of ways of doing this. If your primary email has your name on it, you can set up another acct. to carry another name.

When you send an ecard: Where it asks for your name, you can write Secret Sister in that line. As for the email, Im not sure how to handle that one if you dont have a seperate acct. I will have to try some things and get back to you with an answer. Im not sure if it will go through without a return email?

Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Tami

Added by trekmom: anyone can open a separate free email account with yahoo.com, hotmail.com and so on to keep their identity secret. I know there is a way to hide your real email addy and ID, but I'm not sure how that's done-never been able to figure it out.

Added by Abear: You can get one for free at http://www.mail.com

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Last edited by ajrsmom; 06-15-2004 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Why are we changing Secret Sisters every month?

FamilyCorner.com is growing more populate every day! We want to provide the even the newest members with a chance to join the Secret Sister Club. To do that, we have decided to keep the names only one month instead of 2 months or longer. In doing this, a new member wont have to wait 2-6 months to join while being an acitive participant on the boards.

This also gives everyone an opportunity to meet a lot more people!

Do you think that it would still be a good idea to do the Secret Sister thing if finances are a problem? I mean does it spoil things if the only things received are letters and notes and such?

BARB SAYS: Sweetie, many of us are going thru finances. there are small tokens, such as bookmarker, magnet, look for nice things thought gargare sales, thrift stores, maybe you could even do swaps for things, are you good with crafts? if so make something to send... I do understand what you saying, but I feel most people will be happy to get whatever they can to let them know somone on Fc is thinking of them.. this is fun not a competition with someone else.

TAMI SAYS: Barb is right, This isnt a competition to see who can spend the most money. A small token, a card, a letter, a poem....anything that is given should be received as something from the heart. We are here to enjoy each other. Please dont feel like you cant join because you cant spend a lot of money. Some of the most caring touches dont cost a thing.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 06-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Is it appropriate to list things such as religion and family? And if so, does that give too much information that would give it away?

BARB SAYS: Lots are telling me about thier family, so that's fine... I do not see anything in telling about your religious background, who knows how they might effect someone in telling them the way I look at it. Plus you might find someone that shares the same as you do. It's left up to you on that.

TAMI SAYS: Please tell us about your families! That gives us more to share stories about too. As for the Religion topic, I think that it is fine to include your religious information as part of your personal information.

However, If you are a Secret Sister who is sending something to someone who hasnt included any religious notions, please refrain from sending anything religious. There are many Faiths and many beliefs out there and we dont want to offend anyone.

The personal posts go down when forums get closed, right? So what if I drop below 25 posts, will that be a problem?

The posts dont necessarily go down when a thread is closed but it usually does happen when a thread is removed. You probably saw your posts go down a bit when I re-arranged the Secret Sister Club Forum, right? That should be it for a while as far as thread closings go but I cant say for sure.

To participate in the club you have to have 25 posts by the 25th of each month. Keep posting on the boards. There are quite a few days left before the deadline!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 06-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Assistant Moderator

Thanks abear for letting us know about this one.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

A question

OK, I am a bit fuzzy, so could you clear this up for me??
For us to sign up for secret sis, we actually "PM" bar_bar, rather than fill in some questiobnaire secreted away somewhere (that I haven't found???)
Sorry to be so doofy....

HSma
Old 06-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi HSma, Yes, at this time, please send a list of answers to these questions:

Your name & username on FC
Address
Phone -- this is optional
Email address
Birthday
Anniversaries

Plus any other information about you and your hobbies, interests or favorite things. The more you tell us, the more we can pass along to your Secret Sister!
You can personalize this information as much as you would like!! Tell us about your favorite color, favorite scent, your decorating style, whether or not you own pets, a favorite flower....you get the idea. Use your imagination to describe yourself to us!!

You can email Barb with your answers. We are working on a form that can be filled out but it isnt ready yet .

Thanks,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus