Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mad Gab Lip Shimmers

First of all, here is some information about the company:

We are a fun bunch of hardworking folks who have been making natural body care since 1991 when I stumbled across a recipe for lip balm. It's a funny story...
... that started when I flunked a math class at Umass, Amherst in 1991. While taking the class over (in order to graduate) I came upon a recipe for lip balm and thought it looked easy enough to make.

Armed with beeswax from my neighbor and supplies from a local health food store, I went to work in my mother's kitchen. At first I gave it away to friends, but soon everyone was encouraging me to sell it in stores. So I did.

By my senior year Mad Gab's was in 10 stores and I was officially in business! Having come up with a logo, displays created from salvaged coffin wood, and finally figuring out some legal and accounting (again with the dreaded math!) issues, I was on my way. Or so I thought.

It turns out I didn't really know what I was doing, so the year of 1996 found me in a business incubator called Gasoline Alley. Here I learned all about accounting, marketing plans, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and what it would take to earn a living selling my lip balm.

I completed my work at Gasoline Alley and headed to Maine with $40 in my pocket and a lot hope. I took on a 200 square foot space in Portland, and over the next 12 years built a great crew of fellow Mad Gabbers, plus a much longer list of products enjoyed the world over. We are now located in a 4500 square foot space in Westbrook's Dana Warp Mill, where we make, ship and sell our wonderful products.

What started out as a solo journey in my mother's kitchen has become an unbelievable collaboration of talents and a wild ride with no end in sight!

www.madgabs.com

++++++

Review:

I was fortunate to receive a Bear, a Moose and a Giraffe shimmer to try. First of all, I think it's noteworthy to say, I am a lip moisturizer JUNKIE! I have an old Italian cup in my pantry filled with lip stuff, my purse is full of them - I have 7 to 10 lip products in my handbag at all times. They are in my bathrooms, out on the patio, and in my car. Don't even get me started on my gym bag! I am the perfect person to review these.

These lip shimmers are just a hint of color, super soft and moisturizing, with a (very) slightly sweet taste. They work beautifully over or under a lipstick as well as a stand alone product. The shimmer in concert with the very faint tint, makes your lips lookirresistibly pouty!

Another very positive aspect to these lovely products (as is the case with the entire line), is the price tag. I honestly don't know how they can manufacture these and sell them as inexpensively as they do.

If you have someone on your holiday shopping list that likes, soft, lightly tinted lips without the heaviness of lipstick, this is the thing for them! It would also be ideal for a pre-teen or teenager, just starting to wear make-up. The link again is www.madgabs.com.

Enjoy!

J~
Attached Images