Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 08-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

If You Work Out, or Have Kids, New Product: 100% Spill-Proof Travel Mugs

Before I launch into my LOVE of this product, here is some product launch information from the manufacturer:

Contigo® just launched the new AUTOSEAL® Kangaroo Hydration Bottle, which is designed with a fold-down front compartment for active consumers looking to stow keys, credit cards, ear-buds or gym membership cards.

Contigo’s patented AUTOSEAL® technology automatically seals the lid between sips, making the bottles 100 percent spill-proof and leak-proof. The Kangaroo Bottle is crafted from BPA-free Eastman Tritan™ copolyester for high-impact resistance and overall durability, making it tough enough for any gym workout.

++++++

At the risk of sounding like a real nerd, (oh who cares!) I have to express my absolute love for this item! I know, having love for a water bottle sounds super nerdy, but I don't care. This thing totally rocks! Let me tell you some of the bennies.

1) It actually IS 100% spillproof. I have thrown this thing around all week and nary a drop of water has escaped. I have clipped it to my gym bag and thrown that around in my car. I even stopped short so the bag flew off the seat and onto the floor. Nothing. But there is sooooooo much more. Here we go:

1) Cost savings. I dont have to spend $1.50 a day buying water at the gym. This x 4 days a week is $6.00. (yes I have tried other vessels for water. THEY LEAK!)

2) Its GREEN! No plastic water bottle waste. Even though I recycle, its still wasteful.

3) It clips onto my gym bag. I don't have to put it inside. And the clip is also a handy carrying handle. COOL!

4) It has a hinge that flips open and you can carry a car key, or your gym ID, or any other slender item. It also has a clip in the hinge to hold the ID or whatever, in place.

5) It holds 24 oz. of liquid. YAY BABY!

6) It fits in the cup holder of my car.

7) It matches my gym bag! (I know this matters not, and was accidental, but it's still cool!)

I have to give one away to this audience. If I have to pay for it myself, we will have this as a contest giveaway. I love this darn thing!

I hope any of you that don't win this will make a purchase. They have them for kids too! We all know that keeping kids from spilling anything is darn near impossible. No longer my friends. Keep your car, their lunch box, the sports bag dry. GET ONE OF THESE!

CalGalinFla

Professional photos and two from me follow.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I will be looking into these. The fact that it holds cards, keys...etc. is fantastic!

How much do they retail for, Jodi?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I did a search on them and found their website. They are sold all over at Target, Walgreens, Amazon...etc. It looks like they retail for about $12.99 at most places - which is not a bad price at all.

They have car cups and kids cups,too. I think that this particular cup would be great for kids who play sports.

I want one!

Thanks for the great review, Jodi!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Nine Year Member

That looks like the cups I bought a couple weeks ago but they have a twist top and the straw pops out.

I love them.

Roberta