Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 11-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

PowerHouse: Hit The Deck Excercise Review

I decided to do this review in a bit of a different manner. I am going to post a little something daily all week. (I will try not to bore you all).

I am a fan of excercise, particularly since I just lost a bit over 30 lbs and I am trying to firm up. So when our contest sponsor offered to let me review PowerHouse: Hit The Deck, I was thrilled. I am not going to the gym all week so I can dedicate my time to this program.

This compact, portable system is great! It comes with a timer, so you know when to start and stop. You dont need a lot of space so its perfect for a small apartment/home or hotel room.

I did 3 of the 4 categories, about 25 minutes. Let me say this, with all that I do physically, this was a whole new set of muscles than I use running & weights at the gym, while swimming or mowing the lawn. I was sweating!

If you are a beginner, I would suggest staying in the No Sweat section until your endurance builds up. I skpped this section and went right to I'm Glistening & Sweating Buckets. I WAS!

Stay tuned. However, for the small price of $19.99, this is a great workout, for home, or travel.

Last edited by CalGalInFla; 11-02-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Day Two

I woke up sore. I mean sore. This means two things.

1) This WORKS

2) I am NOT working out hard enough at the gym

I did my second work out today - incorporating the No Sweat category, and also doing I'm Glistening and Sweating Bullets. I did the latter.

These excercises will be continued after this week. This is amazing that just using my own body resistence I can feel this toned in two days. WOW.

Stand by - Day Three tomorrow. EEK! (I mean this in a VERY positive tone). EMPHASIS ON TONE!

Jodi
Old 11-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Day Three

So day three of Powerhouse Hit The Deck!

Yesterday evening I was very sore. But after a good nite's sleep I felt fine! I felt toned more than anything.

This morning I did my routine. Some of the excercises I couldn't quite finish but I do feel stronger with each passing day. I think in 3 days, that's pretty fantastic.

I have already decided that this is going to be my Wednesday work out. It really does hit every part of your body, and effectively. This program continues to amaze me. (And the convenience and price - unbelievable.)

J~
Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Nine Year Member

Sounds like a really good program Jodi. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

Roberta
Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Day 4

Either this is getting easier, or I'm getting more toned.

I still can't do the excercises that involve push-ups but am doing well on the rest.

As I said, this will definitely be my Wednesday routine going forward. One day a week my whole body will get a work out, vs what I am doing at the gym, which is now going to get kicked up a notch or two.

Love it!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Day 5

Apologies this is coming in so late. I just wanted to say I rounded out the week on this day and still just love the program!

Anyone looking to really tone up, should make the $20 investment. If you are out of shape - start with 30 seconds and the No Sweat category and build up.

I can't say enough about it.

J~