Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 10-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lash Food Product Review

Ladies -

A couple of months ago we gave this away for one of our contests. The sponsor sent me a sample to review. I have been using it for about 3 weeks.

I have been using it 1 -2 times a day on my brows and lashes. (Recommended application is 2 x a day).

The first thing I have noticed is that where some of my brows have sketchy patches where I have over tweezed? They have filled in. I am THRILLED! This alone is worth the prize of admission as far as I am concerned!!! My lashes do seem a bit fuller at the base, which is also super! I have very long lashes but I only have 3! I hope to have thicker fuller lashes soon!

You can purchase and read more about this at www.lashfood.com and I hope you do. I am very happy with my results to date.

J~
Old 10-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Assistant Moderator

HUmmmm... I have sparse eyebrows due to thyroid problems. This might work!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I also have balding eyebrows due to thyroid problems. I read in a magazine once that hair serum helps but tried it and that made the problem worse. Maybe this product would work.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:15 PM

Connie and Laura, have you tried this product?

I have short eyelashes.

Jodie, have you noticed if your eyelid seems darker where you put the product on?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sharon, No I couldn't get the U.S. link to work but saw on another site that it was $129. That is out of my budget for makeup. Have you tried it?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 PM

No, I haven't. I had heard that some people have had their eyelids turn darker when they applied the product. And they stayed that way. That does scare me. Also if that is the US price, that is way out of line for me.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My eyelids are not darker nor is the skin under my brows. My brows look great and I do see some thickening in the lashes. Let me dig up my data - I think this stuff is like $39.95. Let me look - I'll be back..

EDIT: The LashFood website does not work. I found it online and it is $129. That may be out of the budget for some but if you want your brows or lashes, I will tell you it works. Latisse on the other hand does darken the skin but it has lots of chemicals that are not in lash food.

Hope this helps!

J~

Last edited by CalGalInFla; 10-29-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

A couple of things -

1) here is the info from LashFood:

Thank you for your interest in LASHFOOD, the natural alternative to beautiful and healthy lashes.

LASHFOOD is unique for it's formula of fresh herb and fruit extracts to nourish and stimulate your lashes to grow EVENLY. You can now safely achieve thicker, longer, darker, shinier lashes.
LashFood contains no harmful chemicals, hormones, or pharmaceutical ingredients. Clients can feel safe about what they use near the delicate eyes and skin. LashFood is a clear, odorless serum that is applied twice daily to the root of your lashes, similar to how eyeliner is applied. LashFood works effectively on the lower lashes and the eyebrows too!
Comparative brands can produce quick results, but often with spaces between the lashes, ingrown hairs, and discoloration of the skin and/or eyes. Side effects associated with other conditioners include burning, stinging, and irritation to the skin or eyes. Lashes can thin out and break with discontinued use. LashFood ensures that there are no harmful side effects, and your lashes will return to your normal growth when no longer in use.

Each individual has a different body chemistry, and therefore results can be noticed between 4-8 weeks. Each unit will supply you between 3-5 months. Now, you can have LashFood all day long with our NEW LashFood Conditioning Eyeliner and Mascara!
The current special is our LashFood Holiday Gift Set, which you can purchase all 3 items for $129 (saves you $53), plus shipping and handling of $15. (From Jodi -this is a great deal ladies)!

A small percentage of clients with a more sensitive skin type can experience a reaction to the ingredients, which indicate an allergy to the product. Please carefully review the ingredients and discuss with your physician before use if necessary. Please test on a small area of skin, such as the back of your hand, and if an allergic reaction occurs within 48 hours, please discontinue use.

Please check www.lashfood.com for our guaranteed return policy and disclaimer. Please also check our press room for exciting new media updates! LashFood Conditioner is:
Safe for eyelash extensions. Not tested on animals, and does not contain any animal products. Can be used safely and comfortably with contact lenses. (From Jodi - I wear CL and its not an issue).

Conveniently available for purchase without a monthly prescription. GUARANTEED, or a refund is available, minus the shipping cost.
You can send an email or fax to place an order, and be sure to place the attention to Clare. An order form and more information about our product is attached for your convenience. Or, you can call us directly to discuss your beauty needs.
--
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me - I am always here to assist you!
Best Regards,
Clare Kwon
JB Cosmetics
[email protected]
Open M-F 9am - 5pm PST
(T): +1.800.748.5168 (USA Toll Free)
(T): +1.951.817.9300 (Worldwide)
(F): +1.951.817.9261
Your Success is Our Success!

++++++++
I talked with my BF today and she is using Latisse - her doc is running a special and its $200 for a two month supply. So getting lashes is not inexpensive.

I will say, that I have used the LashFood for now a month, and there is PLENTY left. and I use it 2x a day. This bottle will last me at least one more month - so that cuts down on the cost as well. (And I am using it very liberally on my brows). I prefer this product because of the lack of darkening and its ingredients.

Bonus - this product is guaranteed or you get a a refund. Latisse does not offer a refund.

Hope this helps!

J~
Old 10-31-2009, 10:40 PM

Thank you for info Jodie.