Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > > >

Old 01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
chuckle 2007 Secret Sister Club

~Hello~

Welcome to our SS club for 2007!

Bar_bar and I are going to be doing some spring cleaning a little early this year.....

1. We are completely deleting the SS profiles on everyone and asking that everyone fill out another profile form and submit it to us.

This will ensure that we have the most recent up-to-date information on you to send to your Secret Sister each month + this will give us the correct email info. on you too.

You can continue to send updates throughout the year if you chose to do so. Please continue to write UPDATE like always.

** A tip on filling out the SS profile form: The more information that you provide in this form, the better your SS can get to know you--secretly

Here is the link for the Secret Sister Profile Form: http://www.familycorner.com/services/sister.shtml

You must fill out a new profile for the first time that you sign up to be in the club this year. After that, it will remain as it was in the past--we will keep your info. on file.

If you want to participate in February's exchange, please include the words

YES! PLEASE SIGN ME UP FOR FEBRUARY!

As we receive the names of those who want in the exchange for Feb., I will update the thread for it---you will find the thread right under this one on the main page of this forum. If you know that you are signing up but still haven't seen your name on the list a day or so aftering signing up, please let us know by emailing bar_bar and me.

2. You will notice that the SS end-of-month questionnaire will contain a change. We are adding the months of the year at the bottom of the form.

It will appear like this:

JAN
FEB
MAR

The reason for this is that we are asking that you provide us with a running list of SS who you have sent to.

For example, If it is the month of March, you will include the names of the SS from March, Feb and Jan.

This will make things so much easier for us when we match up the names for the next month. It will help to prevent duplicates.

If you do not provide the names to us, we will not guarantee that you wont be given a duplicate name.

3. The rules for sending emails and snail mails are going to be enforced more this year. Toward the end of the year, we encountered problems with a few SS not completing the requirements of the club.

You are asked to send at least 1 ecard a week. I know that most of the SS send at least 1 a day. Thank you!

You are asked to send at least 1 snail mail by the 15th of the month. A snail mail is defined as a postcard, greeting card, gift or whatever you can think of to send through the mail. The reason for this is to ensure that each SS receives a gift by the end of the month. It is not fun, nor is it fair, to get a gift during the next month from someone who is no longer your SS. There are emergency exceptions to this rule but in order to stay in the club, you will have to contact bar_bar and me to let us know that there will be a delay.

Please pass the word about the SS club! I look forward to talking with our "seasoned" Secret Sisters and hope to welcome many new members to our group!!

If you have a suggestion for the club, please send it to me via email or PM.

Thank You Bar_bar for running the first couple of months in the club!!

If there are any questions, please let us know!

UPDATE:

Here is the link for the RULES AND GUIDELINES for the club.

Here is the link for the MAIN PAGE of the SS forums. Please subscribe
to this thread. Any new information pertaining to the SS club will be posted here.

Hugs,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-15-2007, 03:34 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Hi Tami,

I am having trouble getting to the correct website to read the rules, and when I filled out the form and pressed the button to go to the SS site I get onto a totally different thread/
Thanks for the great job you do,

PS Please sign me in for February.

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 01-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning all, same here Lynne it sent me to the same place NOTHNG about SS and when I sent it on it took me back to that same place so was not sure Tami even got it. But emailed her and she said yes she did.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I am aware of the problem but I have no idea why it is redirecting everyone to that thread. I have contacted Amanda about it and we will get it fixed ASAP.

I will go into this new thread and add a link back to the Main page of the SS forums.

I will be updating the list of names of those who are participating in Feb.

Sorry for the problems but please hang in there with us!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

We will for sure hang in there Tami. We know it is not anyone's "fault" just a puter glitch.

We appreciate all you guys are doing.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Tami, is there a way for us to have a list of all who were SS during the past year? I had a list at the site that I sent ecards, but they are gone. So, it would be helpful for me to give you a list if I could see member nicks.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Same here Tami thanks for whatever you can do
Old 01-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I clicked on the link in bar_bar's signature line and filled out the forms and it was okay...Thanks Tami...
Old 01-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

The problem has been solved.. it a working link now.

So please sign up as we do want you all back.

Debora and Patti
Quote:
Tami, is there a way for us to have a list of all who were SS during the past year? I had a list at the site that I sent ecards, but they are gone. So, it would be helpful for me to give you a list if I could see member nicks.
We are more concern you giving us your SS names when we start up the club starting with your new Ss name in FEb: not those in the past.
It could be handy if you just let us know who your ss was for Dec would be a help to us.

Hope that clears it up for you two or anyone else.

We do need e
Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

How do I find out if you got my new form that I filled out. I tried to check the Feb SS list names but that thread is closed.
Fish3711