Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > > >

Old 11-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Well ~~Stacia~~ I know what you mean, we are in the cold north and I am not ready for winter. I like fall, but its colder than a..................!!!!!!! already! Our winters have been getting shorter these past few years than when I came here they were 6 months long, now they are about 4 months of mess. I like them when I use to be able to cross country and snowmobile, now I like to wrap myself up in my blankie and jams and watch it snow and feel warm and cozy. I' m in the fallish of my years I think, last I looked....I think......not sure......yep I am!!! Stay warm, have some cider and cinnamon and watch LifeTime for Women!. Yay!
Hugs!

Carolyn
Old 11-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

hello Stacia and carolyn, Its very cold here in MI. The rain still hasnt let up. I dont mind snow until Christmas then it can go away!! I look forward to getting to know my new secret sister and keep in touch with my old ones. Have a great night ladies!!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey tutterbear, I'm also in Mich, the U.P. I know where you are from the birthday list. So its raining down there too. The rain gets so cold its like lcy rain here. Hopefully it will be good weather for tomorrow anyway so we can go to the H.S football game playoff in Newberry. You are right off I-69 by Imlay city west of Port Huron. Right? I though that sounded familiar. I'm from Detroit many years now up here, but my mom was in Algonac on the St. Clair river before she moved up here with me. Small world huh? Stay warm.

Carolyn

Old 11-05-2004, 03:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Gooood Mornnninggg (teeth chattering)!!!

Man, I didn't used to be bothered by the cold, I'd go w/o a coat no problem. But ohhhh it's so cold! I must be getting old LOL Just took hubby to work and it's 35 feels like 28 even had to scrape the windshield. Oh well, got my hot cup of coffee and my blankie; I'll be warm soon lol

Carolyn & Kimberly, I've been to MI several times but it's always been in the summer when we were mushroom hunting. Carolyn, you're about 8 hrs North of me and Kimberly's about 6 1/2.

Well, gotta get the kiddos ready for school. Hope everyone has a super Friday!! Woohooo, no kids but my 2 this weekend!!!!
Attached Images

Pampered Chef Senior Consultant
Stacia's Kookin Korner

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/staciaskookinkorner

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Old 11-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Carolyn and Stacia, Im right where you said Carolyn. My mom lives in L'Anse how far are you from there?? I have never been mushroom hunting. It is a small world!! The sun is out here today. Hope everyone has a great day!!! Smiles everyone its Friday!!! hugs kim
Old 11-05-2004, 06:35 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

ICKIE

Ick, i know what you mean about the rain, it rained just about all last wee here in Tx.
But yesterday and today we got yea SUN ,
Old 11-05-2004, 06:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

hey tuttlebear did you find out who yyour ss was for oct now we got started on nov am amost ready to go on it
Old 11-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Tutterbear, I'm about 2 1/2 hours SW of L'Anse which is about 45 min from Houghton where Mich Tech University is. Thats where my son in Oregon went to school for engineering. I'm in Manistique. My other son is in Sterling Hghts there near Detroit, which I know you know. And Tim is in Ithaca north of Lansing. Spread out all over the place.

~Stacia~ I think I'm a little further north and farther than 8 hrs from you. Lots of people mistaken Manistee for Manistique, I'm over the Mackinaw bridge and Manistee in on the western shore of Lake Michigan. I'm right over Chicago as the crow flys at the very top of Lake Michigan. Lots of people make that mistake, lucky I even get my mail to come here instead of Manistee. I'm about 6-7 hrs from tutterbear going about 70-75 MPH with the rest of the nuts on I-75. Indy 500 most of the time!!! LOL

Its still a small world and glad you've been here. Yes Yes It's cold outside baby!!!!

Carolyn
Old 11-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Assistant Moderator

~*~Stacia~*~
I love your pictures exspecially the internet friends... would love to have that one.

Music, has her ss now... so enjoy her.... have fun this month and once again Welcome to Fc Secret Sister club.

today is suppose to get up to the 80's.. and I suppose to get with a friend and be gone today...
but once I get back home I will check my emails and pm's
to see if anyone had any situations...

if you are by any chance " guessifyouwill" please connect me....

Sandi I got your pm and will get back with you later, I'm behind time and should be getting dress instead of being on this computer... so I better get going...

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.... as well as a safe day today.

Oh, Happy belated Anniversary to danstigerangel as yesterday was her Wedding anniversary.

Happy Belated birthday wishes goes out to 4Him as that was Tuesday. and to Linda Lou that was on the 2nd.

upcoming birthdays are

Raggs 3 on the 9th...

Samsteram on the 10th

momto4 on the 12th

Autumn on the 13th

Breezy on the 14th

we have a whole mess of birthdays for Nov...

to all of you Happy Birthdays....

by any chance if you not received a Secret sister name PLEASE connect me A S A P...
Old 11-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

HI ladies, it has been pretty cold here at night but we have been having some pretty nice days. Not looking forward to the cold days and cold nights.
Happy belated Anniversary to danstigerangel . Sorry I missed that and Happy late Birthday to Linda Lou and 4Him. Boy, I need to get better at keeping track. I need to put that calender even closer to the computer screen, LOL.
Hope everyone has a super weekend!!
Hugs, Stormy