Low Income Prepping!

You're on Page 3 of 11
Go to
  • Anna the chili could also go on top of a baked potatoe or add pasta for an easy chili mac. I keep a couple cans of Hormel chili with beans on hand to whip up a quick and easy meal or add to melted cheese for a hearty dip.

I add shredded carrots and onions to my Ham & bean soup gives extra flavor, color and nutrients.

I bagged up the leftover plates & cups from dd1's graduation party and will use them for water emergencies instead filling the sink with dirty dishes.

Roberta
  • Canned Diced Potatoes GFS
    Roberta

good going on saving the paper plates for emergency. I have a stash but really need to add to it.

I did use the diced potatoes yesterday for the veggie soup. Totally awesome! No metallic taste to them at all and they were perfect sized.

I did also buy 3 cans of spinach at Aldi's yesterday I think they were 59 cents a can.

Anna
  • Good evening!

I added 2 cans of creamed corn to my stash, and used 2 cans for Cat Lover's corn and jalapeno soup for my dinner.

Take care all!! Norma
  • I'm reusing the styrofoam coolers that dd2's medicine comes in each month to hold water and energy bars in the car with winter. I'm hoping the styrofoam will keep the water and bars from freezing so if needed they will be there. I'm thinking of putting in some of the hand warmers as well.

Roberta
  • There are 7 movies currently up for grabs.

Contests & Prizes - FamilyCorner.com Forums

Roberta
  • Roberta

Let us know how that works out with the styrofoam and water especially. It's something I am concerned with with carrying liquids for emergencies in the vehicles.

I have cut way down on my coffee drinking.. I use to carry a thermos of coffee with me every day and it doesn't freeze stored in the vehicles (glass lined thermos) but I don't carry anything but the one I'm drinking for most of the day now (cup of coffee in a travel cup).

Anna
  • I'm hoping the styrofoam containers will keep the water and meal bars from freezing.

Roberta
  • I got htis from a preppers site: How to store water in car in freezing temps? - Survivalist Forum

"Don't store water, store a sports drink like Gatoraid.

I keep Gatoraid in all my vechicles and so far it has not frozen even when I leave them
    out side all night with temps in the tens.

Not only is it a source of fluids it is also a source of calories, something you will need if you are stuck in your car in a blizzard.
    Your will need the electrolytes as well if you will be on foot."

G2 does not have sugar in it or even fake sugar. It might have salts but not much, the Sobe water I have on my desk has 55 mg salt.
  • I redeemed rewards with Avon for a Coleman duo LED lantern. Now to buy 4 D batteries, OUCH. Will store it with the batteries not in it and take them out when not using it so the batteries don't corrode it. I will look into rechargeable batteries too.

Roberta
  • Good morning all!!

Roberta, Dollar Tree has batteries in all sizes, I believe the size D are sold in a 2-pk, but $1 I have found they last pretty well. Especially if you are taking them out in between uses.

I better swap out my batteries in my doorbell, thanks for the reminder.

Take care all!! Norma