Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Childless

Just wondering who else is on the Family Corner besides myself who is childless...but not by choice?
I do realize this is a board of mostly moms but I have been here over a year now and feel so very comfortable with you all!
You have made me feel so welcome from my very first question of "How to be a good aunt"!!!!
And now...hundreds of questions and threads later I feel like such a part of your family!!! Coming to these boards is a daily part of my routine!! Some days I am so tired from work I just read a few threads and go to bed...and then some days...like today...I am on a roll and posting all over!!!!

But, I am just wondering who else is like me? A happy family of two!!??

peace,train
Old 09-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Am I REALLY the only one?
I would really like to bond with any others who , like myself, were never able to have children. I hope I am not the only one!!!
Let me hear from you!!

peace,train
Old 09-26-2003, 03:03 PM
BoggsZ

Trainlady, I no all about infertility. DH and i tried for 3 yrs and no luck we know it wasnt dh because he had 3 children from a previous marriage. my OBGYN sent me to a fertility DR and he confirmed that I was not ovulating so he put me on a drug can't remember the name of the pill but I took them for 3 months and finally got pregnat I was so excited I didnt think i would ever have a child of my own I thank god every day for her. If i hadnt have had her we were thinking of adoption.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Boggsz, It was probably Clomid you were put on. That's what I started out with and then went on to In vitro and Gift.....but it just wasn't in God's plans for us to be parents.
I know you love that little girl of yours!!!! Give her a hug for me!!!
Thanks for responding!!!! Most of the time, now that I am older, I am OK with not having children. Sometimes tho, I wonder what it would have been like to have been a mom. I would have liked the chance.

peace,train
Old 10-02-2003, 12:06 PM
BoggsZ

Trainlady, Yes it was Clomid. Have you ever thought about adopting there are so many kids out there that need a good home and a mom and dad that love them You know you know dont have to give birth to a child to be a good mommy or daddy.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sometimes I wish now that we would have went that route instead of infertility treatments. Unfortunately, we are STILL paying off the infertility doctor, cost us a small fortune. I wish now we would have put that money toward adopting. At the time tho, we really thought the treatments would work. We REALLY did.

What is your little girls name and how old is she? Tell me about her!
What do you like best about being a mom?

Love, Donna (train)
Old 10-03-2003, 03:49 PM
BoggsZ

i know those treatments are so expensive. My dd name is Samantha Rae, she's 7 will be 8 april 15. i think the best thing about being her mom is hearing her say i love you mom and making her feel better when she's sick. I don't take on minute for granted with her i make every one count I volunteer at her school and she loves me being there close to her at the school the kids dont call me Karen or Mrs. Boggs thay call me Samantha's mom and I wouldn't hav eit any other way. you know its never to late to adopt a child things may turn around for you you never know so please doont give up.

My cousin has been tring for along time and thay just gave up and she just found out she was pregnat you never know whats in the future.

i always thought to myself that God was punishing me for the things i done when i was younger but he wasnt I think he was waiting for me to grow up before he gave me samantha.

when me and mike got married he had 3 children and i helped raise them and that was scarry but we made it through it and now we also have 4 grandchildren and i only get to see one alot but shes great shes 4.

take care and please never lose faith.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thank you for your kind words, Karen. You are very sweet!!

I can tell you love your daughter very much!! Being a mom , I imagine, is the best thing in the world!! Always give her lots of love and hugs!!
Wow, Karen, you're too young to have grandchildren!!! LOL!!!
Sounds like God was giving you Mikes kids first to practice with before giving you Samantha!!! And that probably made you a better mom...that and having to take the Clomid...I think women who go thru infertility even appreciate children more if that can even be possible!! I guess what I mean is they don't take having children for granted. God wasn't punishing you in making you wait......don't ever think that...he was just waiting for his perfect timing!!!

peace,train
Old 06-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

BUMP......still wondering...............

hugs,train
Old 07-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

hey train...i have a soon to be step child...i love the child...but i want my own kid...due to having heart problems and an irreversable vasectomy my DF had i can't not have a kid and it hurts...i'm 22...i want a baby so bad that it hurts...a dr once brought up the fact that i should have a hesterectomy (i know i misspelled that)...due to the fact that my heart is failing...so i know what your going through...i know about all of the problems of not having kids...sometimes i get angry...i see my DF's cousins at 16 and 17 not ready to have kids...struggling to finish hs...and now they are pregnant...ppl that shouldn't have kids have them...i know i would be agood mother so y can't i have a kid also...i try to look on the bright side and say you know those ppl that are having kids...the one's that piss you off...you'll be able to adopt one of those precious babies and give them a life they may have not had otherwise...