Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Nine Year Member

Connie---He was born at 32 weeks.

As of yesterday afternoon, he is breathing on his own.

Such a cute tiny little baby. He is a little doll.

DD is doing good.l She got out of bed and into a wheelchair last night. I talked to her this am, and she was getting ready to get into the shower.

I am going to visit her later this afternoon. I know she is tired and I also know they are getting lots of visitors.

Will keep you posted. Thanks so much for all of your support and prayers.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lauri!!! I'm glad he is doing so well! Sounds like he is a good size for a 7-month baby! Prayers will continue for a speedy recovery for your DD, and that the baby gets to come home soon.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Nine Year Member

Thanks sfor all of the Congrats!

I just got home from the hospital. They got to hold Maddox for the first time today. DD was so excited.

He is still doing well. He was fed today, and they are hoping that he keeps it down. He's an active little fellow!

DD may be discharged tomorrow. I will find out more tomorrow. I will have to help her out with rides, etc. as she can't drive for two weeks. That's ok. I need to see the little guy.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 07-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Nine Year Member

I've been updating on the prayer thread, but came back here and reread everything that has been posted.

I just found out yesterday through my daughter and her BF, that not only was my GS in trouble, but my DD heart rate dropped also. WOW!!!!!

Anyway.......she is on the mend...mothering her baby in the NICU, and he is gaining. He has to learn to take his bottle. He haa been bottle fed, but would prefer his feeding tube.

Another 3-4 weeks and he will be home. DD says that one nurse said 2-3 weeks. I keep telling her, he is safer there.

Thanks to all of you for your support and prayers.

Beverly Sills
Old 07-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Nine Year Member

Lauri I've been reading the posts on the prayer thread also. Everything sounds good, hope he keeps progressing well.
I know at our hospital the baby had to eat so many ounces per feeding for at least 24 hours if not 2 full days. The crucial test was the car seat test. I'm not real sure what was tested there-except for O2 sats, that can hold a preemie back for days-hopefully he won't have any problems with that. Since my dd didn't stay with Gabby 24/7 she had to do a rooming in the week before Gabby could come home. She had to totally take over Gabby's care with the nurses overseeing that everything was fine. And nurses do sometimes know better than the doctor about when baby can go home-I know Gabby's pedi might have wanted to keep her a bit longer but the nurses kept saying she was ready and finally on her due date she came home-since it was the day after Thanksgiving we really had something to be Thankful about...
Take care, Pam
Old 07-10-2007, 04:36 AM
Nine Year Member

Pam---Yes, Maddox has to eat so many ounces each day. He is finally taking his bottle more and more each day. Before he would rather just be fed via a tube.

DD isn't staying with him 24/7, but she stays all day and Mike brings her home at night.

I think dgs get stronger and stronger everyday.

DD had a set back yesterday as her incision came open, became infected, etc.

Take care!

Beverly Sills
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Nine Year Member

sorry to hear your dd's incision opened up, hope her infection clears up quickly.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Nine Year Member

I'm back! Had to deal with my own issues. Selfish aren't I!!

I am now packing the remains of the incision on my own. They taaught me how to do it. Apparently in emergency c-cestions this can happen. It's not as bad as it sounds.

Everything is very difficult for me at the moment.

My dear grandson was released today. WOW!!!! No montors, no nothing, ........

It is all great, bbut WOW!!!! I am stressed!

There' s my update!

Beverly Sills