Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Pregnancy & Birth

Pregnancy & Birth Are you trying to conceive, or are you pregnant now? Share your stories, thoughts, and goals here!

Old 02-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Thanks for all of the great tips!

I finally lucked out at KMart this week and found 3 pairs of decent light weight pants that will expand with me, LOL!

Our Salvation Army doesnt have a very big selection of plus size clothes and an even smaller maternity selection. I did find one pair of pants there so far though for $2.00. I will have to make a trip to the GoodWill store that is a couple towns over from us.

Our newspaper has had nothing in the way of clothes in it lately. Im thinking of running a "Want" ad for clothes to see if there is anything out there.

Im due right at the time that yard sales start so for the time being that wont help me but hopefully I can run across some stuff later on!

Lifestar, If I take my jeans to the dry cleaners to be fixed, do they have the panels to add to them or would I have to buy them seperately? If so, where can I find them? I like that idea because I have 3 pairs of jeans that I could still wear until last month but they arent in excellent condition to keep for another year so it would be better to get the wear out of them right now!

Lets see.... I havent had any luck with consignment stores around here but Im still looking. There is a church that has days when they sell ( or give away) clothes but it is really hard to get decent plus stuff there.

I was surfing and came across Blair's site. They are having a great clearance sale now. I know that I will be able to get some stretch pants and shorts -all on sale for about 4.99-7.99 ea.- but I will have to measure for the length of the shirts to see if they will be long enough.

I found one really pretty dress shirt at Lane Bryants at our mall. They didnt have much else but Im going to check out their website. Next move is to Fashion Bug.

Whew !!! This is worse than having a full-time job.

As far as my Dh, we wore the same size shirts so I cant steal anything from him. ;-)

Ill be ok! If I keep piecing it together here and there, I should have enough to keep me going.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions,

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 02-09-2003, 04:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Tami

As far as the maternity panels go, they had them at the cleaners when I went... or got them for me, I had nothing to do with it!

I'm 5'3" and needed at least a 32" shirt to do the trick.... they were few and far between in the stores, but the catalogues were sooooo much better!!!!... so save your feet and get on-line! ( although walking IS good exercise when you are expecting! )

Good luck...it's SOOOOOO Exciting, isn't it? And if you think THIS is a full time job... you ain't seen nothin' yet

Val
Old 02-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lifestar said it! I have so much fun with my son . . . he always manages to find the 'Esc' key when he tries to help me type . . . making out checks is fun when you are also trying to keep him from grabbing the pen as you write. Hint: Nail everything down and if you can't, put it up. But nothing can beat hugging them close . . .
I'm 5' 4" and when I went to the doctor for confirmation of being pregnant I weighed 295lbs; I don't weigh that now; I have to lose 20 to find it and I r e a l l y want to be about 180 which is less than what I weighed in high school !
If I keep chasing this boy I might have a good start . . .
Keep us informed Tami, and enjoy !
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2003, 04:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Exclamation Motherhood!!!!!

When I got pregnate I was a size 22, and 6"1" tall. I thought I might go crazy. But Motherhood pulled thru for me! they are inexpensive and attractive enought that I wore them to work!
Old 02-10-2003, 06:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

ajrsmom... I remember, I just bought leggings and bike shorts ( baby born in Aug..HOT!) in a size (or two) larger than I normally wore.. and they worked out fine. They are fairly inexpensive, very stretchy, so they fit your legs OK and really stretch over your belly, and after the baby, they fit you fine ( a little loose) for those few months till you begin to loose that post-pregnancy paunch. I never went back to my pre-pregnancy pants, so I was glad to have that one-size up wardrobe! LOLOL!