maternity insurance

• I NEED HELP! My fiance and I found out Christmas Eve that we will be expecting our second child late August/early September! The problem is that neither of us have insurance available to us through our jobs. He runs a small business and I just started a "temporary" position at a hospital four months ago. I can get a regular position in April, or possibly sooner if a job opening comes up, but I'll still have to wait one month from hire for the insurance to kick in. Our household income is too much to get public aid, that's why our daughter is without insurance temporarily. If anyone out there has any ideas of what we can do, I'd REALLY appreciate it. I've run out of ideas of my own.
  • Oh, I'm so sorry to hear the news. I'm not too familiar with this, but I may have a thought or two. I think here in WI they have certain clinics where things are "free" or close to it. I haven't been to the one in our area for health check-ups, but I did take my DD to one of the clinics at the local church and they did her immunizations for around $18.00. They don't check on income requirements or anything, they are just there to help. It was part of the County Public Health Division. So, maybe you can contact someone in your area and they also have offices to take your child for sure in to see a doctor, but they may be able to take pregnant women or at least recommend someone because you really need to take care of you and your baby. Hopefully this information will help you and the assistance will be there. The nice thing about getting into a job with insurance, maternity is no longer considered a pre-existing condition. But, I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Janele