Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Old 06-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I would love to have one of your packets, Lynette!! Thank You!!!

My goodness, do you realize JUST how gifted you are!!!! WOW!! I have looked through your past threads and the creativity just flows through you!!! It is wonderful how you gear your journals towards teens. I think they need all the positive encouragement and help they can get in todays world. Thank you for the work you do in reaching out to them!!

You Are Special!!!!
Love, DonnaTrain
Old 07-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've never kept a journal of any kind, so this will be rather new to me. I'm not sure I know what I'm going to be doing but it sounds like a great idea! I'll give it a try. I'm always misplacing my lists or someone will throw them away and I end up just asking God to take care of & bless all those in need of prayer....what ever they're request may be. I know I'm going to enjoy the Religious forum....I miss that in my life, but with DH working and we only have one car, I don't usually have a way to get to church. I'm not going to use this forum as a replacement for church, but it sure will be nice to be able to discuss religion with others!

I would love to have a prayer journal....something like you've made Lynette, they're beautiful! I really like that steno pad idea....maybe I'll try to make that one.
Hugs & Happiness~~~ Sweet Magnolia

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com

Last edited by Sweet Magnolia; 07-19-2004 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I started to decorate mine and then got caught up in the job hunting, crazy child caring, housecleaning mess and totally spazzed it out... maybe I will pull that out tonight.

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 07-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tasha, just do a little bit at a time and rest in God's love that He is pleased with all you DO accomplish!!

hugs,train
Old 07-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

WOW Lynette.....You are an amazing woman!!! I love your prayer journals! You have inspired me to get my butt in gear and make one for myself. I have a hard time keeping track of everyones requests and I don't ever want ot leave anyone out i like the idea of noting when you geta praise too....like you said lets you see how god is working in our lives.

I think you should be my secret sister....then I could have one of your homemade journals!! LOL

Keep posting your images so we can all get some great ideas.

I'm off to see if I have anything here that will work if not I'll pick something up in town next week Take care

Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow. I just finished reading this thread. What wonderful and inspiring ideas! I started a prayer journal last year. I just love it. I write out all my prayers in it. It keeps me more focused. I have a page for dh, son and daughter, friends, relatives and myself which I wrote out the Prayer of Jabez. I ask my dh and kids daily what they would like me to pray about for them. It really has opened up a whole new closeness and gives me better insight as to what is going on with their lives. Thanks again for this wonderful thread! By the way, I'm new to Family Corner and it is wonderful.
Diane
Old 07-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Diane...Welcome to Family Corner!!!

I agree that it is a wonderful place...many wonderful ladies! Have you been to the prayer request/prayer chain thread? If not I highly recommend it! I would post a link but I'm still not sure how

Your idea of asking your family what they would like you to pray for concerning them is a wonderful idea...ds#1 (5 1/2) is starting to mature a little and I could start this with him...

Glad You've joined us...I'll try and figure out how to post the link;-)

Sandra

Old 07-23-2004, 12:56 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

WELCOME, DIANE, TO OUR FAMILY

"Queenie"
Carol Ann & her fur-balls
Old 07-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the welcome ladies. Sandra, I'm sure you will get a lot of interesting requests out of a 5 year old. It will be nice to look back on the requests in years to come. A great keepsake! My son is almost 8 years old now and it never ceases to amaze me what he requests for prayer! I really think that it also teaches kids to pray and keeps it a priority.
Diane
Old 07-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome to the new sisters!

Thankyou for your kind words. I love creating journals. Now, Sandra, my friend and I just started working on a "Veggie Tale" journal for the younger set! It is very straight forward and is adorable.

We use the small binder that is 7"x9" and has the clear plastic over the outside. I would post a pic of it but she has it and when I get it back I will be sure to put pics on here.

We took a Veggie Tale picture and trimmed it down to fit on the front of the journal. And something else is on the back. I think it is the "this journal belongs to.."

Inside of these notebooks are those pockets-one on the front cover and one on the back. Well, in the front, inside pocket are Veggie stickers. Pam has each page set up to have 2 requests and room for answers under each. For the answer to prayer, child get's to place a sticker and then tell mom or mom can help child write the answer. We enclosed veggie tale pencils for that too. In between each request page is a VT coloring page. So there is a bit more to this journal than just posting of requests. And hopefully it has attracted the child's attention enough to want to get in to that journal every morning!

Pam and I wrote instructions for the parents on this journal and it is just a subtle reminder to go over the previous prayers and get animated and excited when you report or read of an answer! This is really a fun journal and I can post pics and if your computer is fairly new, we can try to send you the templates for creating your own. Or maybe your child like's noah's ark. That is another one we are working on. Stickers are of animals.

Does this sound like a fun journal? It is amazing...just let your imagination go and it is really amazing what you can create!

Happy Journaling!