Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Prayer Requests if you need a prayer or want to help others by praying for them, this is the place to be.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I belong to the Presidential Prayer Team.

What I find more rewarding, however, is the e-mail discussion list I belong to for Orthodox Christian Women. We have a wonderful on-line community of very supportive people, and almost daily someone posts a prayer need. As Orthodox Christianity is a little different from western churches, we also are able to support each other in our daily practice of our religious life.

Nearly every denomination has such lists.

Elizabeth
Old 04-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We have a prayer chain in our church. Someone starts the chain & then each family has 2 families that they call - The prayer requests get passed around really quickly & seems to work really well. Remember......"Wherever 2 or 3 are gathered together in MY name, I (Jesus) am in the midst of them". Matthew 18:20
Old 04-27-2003, 04:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Remember......"Wherever 2 or 3 are gathered together in MY name, I (Jesus) am in the midst of them". Matthew 18:20
And what a comforting fact this is too!

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 05-17-2003, 07:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

re: Prayer Chains

my church has an international prayer chain, if you go to www.ggwo.org (Greater Grace World Outreach) there are links to submit prayer requests, as well as links to read the prayer requests from other people. I opted to get the prayer list emailed to me every day so that I dont forget. Prayer really DOES change things.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Assistant Moderator

bumping this up, there some good sites here

we do have joy and concern thead that we can post prayers, but we could also do it too I guess.

OR we could write out prayers for one another here, or prayers that we seen and wanted to share with one another.

he Jellybean Prayer

Fill small, plastic eggs with each color of jelly bean from the poem below. Send one home with each child along with a copy of the poem to be shared with his or her family during family devotions. (Tune: "Pop Goes The Weasel")
An egg full of jellybeans, colorful and sweet,
Reminds me of God's bounty with this Easter treat!

RED is for the blood Christ gave.
GREEN is for the palms' cool shade.
YELLOW is for God's light so bright.
ORANGE is for prayers at twilight.
BLACK is for sweet rest at night.
WHITE is for the grace of Christ.
PURPLE is for his days of sorrow.
PINK is for each new tomorrow.

An egg full of jellybeans, colorful and sweet,
Reminds me of God's bounty
Old 02-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

One of my favorites,

besides here, is my prayer journaling. Sometimes I find so much comfort in journaling that I cannot understand it. I guess because I am 'unloading' the burdens, the weight of issues large and small. But being able to go back and re-read and see how God responded to me is awesome! If any of you have not given journaling a try....do it! and soon!

I take my journal EVERYWHERE. There will be times that you will run in to someone and learn of a need they or another may have. Back in the car or ?? you can write it in your journal. I recommend dating your entries and then leaving space between the requests for answers and date those as well. I some times need a boost of faith and God gives me that boost when I read past entries and see His leading! I started a brand new journal just so I can keep track of the FC gals and their needs. I leave it in my worship basket and I go over them each day. Not as distracting as the site. ;-)

There is power in prayer - like stekim and nagymom said, "Where 2 or 3 have gathered....." we have obviously gathered here!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Assistant Moderator

I know I've saved my christmas cards from last year that we did on this site, and the last few ones I've prayed for I send them a message for I had not seen and lo and behold I got a message back from them that said they needed prayers.
I would like to list those here if you don't mind

they are Debbie F, dillpickle, Snussey, jrkeller,

so we never know who GOD might place on our hearts but when HE does we need to listen and pray for it may be that they need those prayers.

I am not trying to toot my horn, but to me it was touching that I was praying for them and when I approach them they needed prayer.

I agree with you Lynette going back and looking at our prayer that been answered in our journals can be so enriching, also we can see prayers that not been answered or it looks that way, then we see sometimes and I get chills to see that GOD did answer then by not answering them. FOR IF HE would have answered them, it would turn things around,
PRAISE GOD THAT KNOWS THE FUTURE AND HOW TO ANSWER THEM AND SOMETIMES THAT IS BY NOT ANSWERING THEM THE WAY WE WANTED.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Two request for you gals....

The first is for Daina. She is in EARLY 20's. 6 mo. pregnant, got a bad flu bug. Temp spiked to 103 and would not come down. They put her in the hospital, tried to lower her temp. A viral infection set in and it got the point this past tuesday that the docs had to make a decision because the fever and infection was becoming a threat Daina's life. An option was to induce labor then care for the baby from there. They did that Wednesday (this week) and Daina delivered very well a beautiful little girl. But .....baby passed away about 2 hours post birth. Please pray for Daina. She is so young, she was just finding God in her life for the first time and pray she continues to strive for a relationship with Him!

Second request is for my dh bestfriend's sister. She became pregnant the first of Nov. At a doctor's appoint monday, they told her the baby has not grown AT ALL past 5-6 weeks. Shelby has a herniated disc and is in immediate need of majory surgery to repair, she and dh will be losing the baby. They have two beautiful children but they were excited about this one, of course. Pray for peace, comfort and guiding of the surgeon's hands and Shelby's quick healing and recovery.

Thank you!
Lynette
Old 02-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Assistant Moderator

Prayed after I read it, and will contineu to hold these 2 up. would it do any good to send a note to these two, if so pm me and give me address or I could send them to you and you could send it to them. If you thought it would do any good.

We do not always understand GOD"S plan but GOD knows what is in the future for each one of us from the time we are created in the womb to the day we pass from this earth to the wherever, depending on which path we took in life. YEp there are not much words to give a parent that lost a child no matter if you are saved or not.

Here is a poem that makes me think of this:

GOD"S LOVE
whenwe look at the world around us, sometimes its difficult to understand the unfairness of life. It's not fair that the young should suffer. It's not fair that the innocent should go hungry. BUt nor is it fari taht a God would have to come to earth and hanag on his own cross to protect us from the evil one. IT"S not fair.... but that's love, and that's GOD.

GOD love for you is not dependent on how you look, how you thik, how you act, or how perfect you are. HIS love is absolutely nonegotiabel and non reteturuable. Ours is a faithful GOD.

No matter what you do, no matter how far you fall, no matter how ugly you become, GOD has a relentless, undying, unfathomable loe from which you cannot be separated ever.

RUN to JESUS, JESuS wants you to go to HIM. HE wants to become the most important person in your life, the greatest love you'll ever know. HE wants you to love HIM so much that there no room in your heart and in your life for sin. INVite HIM to take up resident n your heart.

For some reason there was a reason to take this child. and why there complications with the other, still it seems so unfair. but again GOD LOVES them so much and they got to feel that love and to learn to hold on no mater what.

GOD BLESS them both and for you to be in connection with them, MAY GOD you as you witness and be there for them.

KEEP US POSTED. thanks dear.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lynette - gosh, my heart just breaks for these two women. I will pray for their recovery and for their hearts. There's nothing worse than to loose a baby.

Carol

Closed Thread