FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Prayer Requests (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/)
-   -   2011 - Aug 2016 Prayer Corner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/28233-2011-aug-2016-prayer-corner.html)

Sweet Magnolia 04-18-2011 05:37 PM

Laurie, my prayers are with you and your family. I know from personal experience what you're going through. My DH was disabled in July, 2005. It was November, 2008 before he got his SS settlement. I had to get a lawyer when he was in the hospital just to get the worker's compensation started and then they only sent one check a month with the lawyer calling them. I had to go to the food bank, food stamps, and assistance from a low income place. When he finally got his SS started he had to go before the judge and the judge granted it without asking any questions. You will all be in my prayers. I pray that God will see fit to grant you a quick hearing and get him on disability. If you ever want to talk just PM me.
Hugs, Paula

LaurieS 04-18-2011 08:15 PM

Paula, Thank you for your sentiments but is RobertaD that is going through all these trials with the SS.

RobertaD 04-19-2011 03:50 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with all this day.

It is a long process for sure to get disability. What gets us is they haven't one time had DH go in and talk to a SSI doctor for an evaluation.

Roberta

LaurieS 04-19-2011 05:38 AM

Roberta, I don't know if my DS saw a SS Dr. she would see her regular Dr. and anythime Suzy had paperwork to fill out for the SS, the Dr would sign off on it.

Maybe things are different state to state.

My thoughts and prayers for everyone today.

stellajean66 04-19-2011 06:19 AM

Prayers and blessings for all.

CalGalInFla 04-19-2011 08:27 AM

Prayers and well wishes to all our FC friends and family and those beyond!

RobertaD 04-19-2011 09:28 AM

I know they have said several times "would you see our doctor?" and DH always says YES!!. It isn't always black and white on the symptoms on what is written down dh went to work several times walking like a question mark to be sent home being told "your in pain go home". rolls eyes, if they knew the effort it took him to get there...

Roberta

LaurieS 04-19-2011 11:47 AM

Roberta, What kind of aliments does he have, if you don't mind me asking?

RobertaD 04-19-2011 02:20 PM

Laurie he has arthritis, I can barely pronouce it so can't spell it... ankliospondilitist???? Any way, he has had joint pain for 40 years was diagnosised 25 yrs ago with the new form of arthritis diagnosis about 10 yrs ago. It effects all joints causing stiffness and swelling to where he can't stand/sit/lay down for any length of time, caused a heart choke as the ribs stopped moving and the lungs swelled, has had 5 rounds of Iritis (arthritis of the eye causing temporary blindess), his immunion system is low, when sitting for an hour or more his right leg will go numb which is interesting if he is driving. He was treated for frozen shoulder several years ago but never regained full motion. The arthritis medicine he took for 20 yrs caused 1000 pin prick ulscers that he was treated for last year so is on a new pill.

Roberta

LaurieS 04-19-2011 03:14 PM

How horrible to be in such pain all the time. I'm very sorry for him, you almost can't do anything. Well SS is a pill for lack of a better word, I have one in mind but not nice. They make it so difficult to get on it especially for the people that really can use it. But one thing for sure is that when he does get on it he will be eligable for either the medicade or medicare card, my sister got one and she has been getting herself taken care of. Surgery and dental work etc.

Forgive me if some of the spelling is off, some just doesn't look right to me.