FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Prayer Requests (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/)
-   -   2011 - Aug 2016 Prayer Corner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/prayer-requests/28233-2011-aug-2016-prayer-corner.html)

RobertaD 04-17-2011 05:37 PM

Haleys Grandmom, I hope the young lady is found safe.

We also are going through very bad finances and are withdrawing Life Ins. paid up cash value to help with bills this year. I am looking into other areas for assistance kids already get free breakfast/lunch at school, we get a discount on our house phone (called Lifeline discount) and on the gas bill (HEAP) because of being low income. Stopped for the first time on Friday at a food bank.

Roberta

apricot 04-17-2011 06:38 PM

Thanks Patti and others.

Prayers for all those struggling with finances including us and all other concerns.

stellajean66 04-18-2011 01:26 AM

Prayers and blessings for all.

LaurieS 04-18-2011 05:37 AM

My thoughts and prayers for everyone today.

Roberta, I know you talked about your DH filing for SS and that you can't get it now or something. My sister finally got hers last fall but it took her getting a SS Lawyer to get it done. The lawyer takes their money only if you receive the SS and it comes off the top before you get the settlement. The judge asked SS why they weren't already paying my sister and ruled in her favor.

I was just reading on the Dollar Stretcher an article on reiventing yourself when you are out of work...Roberta has your DH given any thought to working from home? What are his talents or strengths?

RobertaD 04-18-2011 06:05 AM

Yes Laurie, we saw an attorney 10 days ago and they took our case. He had been denied three times but the attorney said she just handled a case that had the same thing as DH. The problem is it will take a year or more from now to get a judge to hear the case then if approved will take several months before the first check comes. We didn't really understand it would be two years or more before getting a final decision if we had I would have gotten a part-time job a year ago plus my Avon business to help keep the money we had.

My thoughts and prayers are with all this day.

Roberta

LaurieS 04-18-2011 06:16 AM

Hmm, That seems like a long time. I think it took about 6 months for my sister to get her hearing.
Glad that you guys got a lawyer.

VicRae 04-18-2011 08:19 AM

Prayers for all concerns and needs. Hope all gets better soon.

Vicky

RobertaD 04-18-2011 12:45 PM

Laurie, Ohio is killer slow on getting hearings. The lawyer enough told us she had one hearing that was going to be over the computer with a judge in another state because they are so far behind.

Roberta

RenJac1301 04-18-2011 01:44 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone..

cau 04-18-2011 02:22 PM

Prayers for all who are dealing with financial loss due to illness and disability. Prayers for the safe return of the missing girl and All in need